Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday fans discussing us....

Lush

Mods' Pet
Although it has been commented on, I think more has to be made of the 'togetherness' of the squad.
Of course the big events speak for themselves, as does the traditional signs like exuberant goal celebrations.

But it's not just that, from the outside looking in they appear to have morphed into 1 massive player.
It doesn't matter how the starting 11 changes the unit doesn't.

This is a team that hasn't missed Kayal and is unlikely to miss Dunk.
That just isn't 'normal'. :lol:

Clearly this squad is a reflection of it's manager

For a team at the top of the Championship, I've noticed individual players rarely get chosen for team of the week. Another indication of how the team is greater than the sum of its parts, I think.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeh man... how do your nerves stand them!? :eek:
They don't.

I know winning the final is great, but if I had the choice between guaranteed 2nd or guaranteed final win (but without the foresight), I'd choose 2nd, because I just don't want to go through the stress of a PO final.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
For a team at the top of the Championship, I've noticed individual players rarely get chosen for team of the week. Another indication of how the team is greater than the sum of its parts, I think.

Whoscored regularly have 3-4 Albion players in their team of the week.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Wednesday have 7 price categories from A to G. Huddersfield is a cat C match. You have quoted the members price; non members prices are £5 more. I'd say for a northern club their prices are high and most clubs' fans have complained about their prices. I recall Villa were charged £40plus. Having said that, I agree that we too are high for individual games,

I'd have thought the majority of our fanbase use the train, bus or free park and ride.

What's happened with Owlstalk? It's become far too measured!!

Category A and B are very rarely put into action as well. Generally it's category C and D. The strategy was made like this to persuade people to buy 1, 2 or 3 year season tickets and therefore we sold about 6000 more than the previous year. The amount of walk up fans has decreased but their is still the option to reduce the price by getting a membership. I like this model but feel it'd be even more advantageous for filling our ground if we reduced the prices every so slightly to be in line with the average Championship ticket prices and not the amongst the highest. However, the most expensive tickets to date and we're averaging 26500 so from the top down point of view it is working.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Free travel is fine if you use it and roughly half use it....

Serious question, how do 15k or so get to and from the ground without using the subsided travel? I don't see those sort of numbers walking to the ground. You have the paid for car parks, and Seagulls travel coaches which don't use the travel vouchers, but is there really 15k using those options?

I'd have thought the majority of our fanbase use the train, bus or free park and ride.

There's obviously the paid for car parks, not sure how many cars they take, and the various coaches that come in from around the county, what do you reckon the total is that uses those paid for travel/parking options? I'm with you, I'd have thought a decent majority use the various travel concessions provided with the match ticket. Two of the Park & Rides fill up for most games, the trains from Brighton are rammed, as are buses.

Www.oldfootballshirts.com

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
My thoughts exactly. I wasted too long reading through the entire thread. There's good humour, and often astute and rarely poor analysis on there.

Indeed - likewise, I intended to read just a few comments, but ended up reading most of it - drawn in by the obvious common sense on display. A very good read...some NSC posters can learn a thing or two :)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Isn't it Garth Crooks that picks that ?

If so he can't be seen to be picking the players that his mate manages or he would be accused of bias

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Opened that thread expecting a load of the usual abuse.......quite shocked to read a whole bunch of measured, thoughtful comments in the main. How refreshing.

Sheff Utd forum and fans are even better from what i read. Stay away from Waccoe if you are easily offended.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Their match day tickets are notoriously expensive and there's no free travel!

You mean Yorkshire people from Sheffield and both prosperous and stingy. Behind the goals their seats are more expensive, but cheaper down the sides (where most of our seats are) . New price increases.

Away fans have complained about transport to and from Hillsborough.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sheff Utd forum and fans are even better from what i read. Stay away from Waccoe if you are easily offended.
I agree it is decent too. The people of Sheffield know their onions when it comes to football and support their clubs in big numbers. Far more so than Leeds and one or two other big cities. When you consider that Sheffield and Leeds are broadly similar in size, the Sheffield clubs enjoy incredible support.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Away fans have complained about transport to and from Hillsborough.

I read on there 3.2 miles from the nearest station to Hillsborough, 3.6 to ours with 2 stations in between. I am (surprisingly) impressed with their forthright comments.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
This is quite funny:

lol.JPG

Nevermind the swanky new ground and state of the art training ground. Nope, focus on the Withdean, there's a good lad.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here