Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday fans discussing us....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
the whole point of this season is the fact that the team isn't missing him.
Just because we're doing well doesn't mean we're not missing him. It doesn't mean we couldn't have a few more points with him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Opened that thread expecting a load of the usual abuse.......quite shocked to read a whole bunch of measured, thoughtful comments in the main. How refreshing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just because we're doing well doesn't mean we're not missing him. It doesn't mean we couldn't have a few more points with him.
Yeah you're quite right, curse all of those 8 points that have been dropped in the 15 games since Barnsley.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Opened that thread expecting a load of the usual abuse.......quite shocked to read a whole bunch of measured, thoughtful comments in the main. How refreshing.

My thoughts exactly. I wasted too long reading through the entire thread. There's good humour, and often astute and rarely poor analysis on there.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I like the '15 goals from non striker players'. Great to be perceived as a side that can score from anywhere. Fulham didn't know what hit them with Dunk and Knocky running at them.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Are their tickets more expensive than ours? We have more ST holders so they will have more POTG supporters, who generally pay a premium for doing so!
Pretty sure they sold over 20k st's this season hence their big averages unlike previous seasons....doubt their match day tickets are dearer than ours that's for sure.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Albion have 14 years of hurt,slowly but surely being corrected......that said we have Tony Bloom and as for the Manager,he is really the main difference,that is what has taken us from Play off challengers to genuine automatic contenders..

As for the loss,finances etc......we have as i understand it lost £71.6 Million in 5 seasons at the Amex........we could spend that next season to stay in the Premier and still turn a small acorn of a profit...

Remember who and what Tony Bloom is......fear not.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
I hadn't realised you'd bought Jones - he's a decent player at this level, surprised he's not a regular. I'd not heard of Emanuelson but he's got some decent pedigree, a full Dutch international and 200 + appearances in top divisions and still only 30, should be tearing up this league. And what's with Abdi? I remember when he was signed, quite a few on here thought he was a shrewd signing and should do well in the Championship. That's some serious talent right there, you should be doing better than 6th TBH

Not surprised about Buckley though - he can be excellent but he's either injured or goes missing in games. Don't think there'd be too many people on here who'd want him back

Don't know what's with Abdi. He should be the sort of player we are building the team around but we started out playing him on the left which was a complete waste. He failed to have much impact and Carlos just ditched him. I do like our central midfield, Kieran Lee and Hutchinson are fantastic players but there is no reason we couldn't play Abdi in front of them. Doubt it'll happen under Carlos.

Emanuelson is confusing. I'm not saying I'd expect him to start but with his pedigree I'd have expected him to have at least been on the pitch once this season. But now we have Reach, Forestieri and McManaman that can all play left midfield.

Literally think it's been a case of hoarding too many players and not managing to keep them all happy and find the right combinations. A bit like when Woy took England to the euros this year and still didn't know his best team by the time we got the last 16.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Looking through these, I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the honesty of the responses, the lack of bitterness (mostly) - and the lack of wit (well they are Yorkshiremen). I think we can conclude that one of the many things we have that they don't is a lively forum.

I have a look on there every now and then, it's generally quite entertaining. I think people on here sometimes mistake their piss taking fire arrogance.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yeh man... how do your nerves stand them!? :eek:
Me personally? I can't lose, if we're promoted great, but I love watching my team regardless of which division we're in. The championship has been great, we hardly ever lose, we get good crowds at home and have a right laugh at away games. The PL will hopefully help our chairman to recoup some of the cash he's shelled out, and it'll be good to test ourselves against the big teams but I'm honestly not bothered either way.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
£31-38 against Huddersfield for members....we are what )£32 limited north and south and the west and east are what £36-42?

Free travel is fine if you use it and roughly half use it....

Wednesday have 7 price categories from A to G. Huddersfield is a cat C match. You have quoted the members price; non members prices are £5 more. I'd say for a northern club their prices are high and most clubs' fans have complained about their prices. I recall Villa were charged £40plus. Having said that, I agree that we too are high for individual games,

I'd have thought the majority of our fanbase use the train, bus or free park and ride.

What's happened with Owlstalk? It's become far too measured!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here