Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday fans discussing us....

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Dukeries Owls post, " I wonder what Brightons 2 most famous celebrities have to say"

I have no idea who these people are.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've followed that thread a few times over the last couple of months.

The vast majority of their comments are complimentary of us relative to them. The dominant theme being the money wasted on their squad costing £30m in fees (incredible for a non-parachute monies club - FFP anyone?) with PL wages to match, in contrast to our focused transfer policy of fewer acquisitions of quality players.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They should be more worried about their own failings. Spent a trailer load, but in danger of finishing outside the top 6.

They are very concerned about that.

A tiny minority have one or two digs about us, and it was amplified onto this thread to get a reaction.

Their threads and comments are dominated by a fear of missing out to Fulham, hatred of Leeds, useless expensive recruits and the usual bedwetting allegations.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
They are very concerned about that.

A tiny minority have one or two digs about us, and it was amplified onto this thread to get a reaction.

Their threads and comments are dominated by a fear of missing out to Fulham, hatred of Leeds, useless expensive recruits and the usual bedwetting allegations.

Given their spending, and what should have been momentum from last season, they should be up with Huddersfield at least. It'd be a right mess not to finish top 6.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Given their spending, and what should have been momentum from last season, they should be up with Huddersfield at least. It'd be a right mess not to finish top 6.

In other owlstalk threads, they talk about the manager being sacked this summer by a tough board if they fail to go up.

Not going to get any easier with Sunderland and M'boro next season, and Villa and Derby must surely improve. Please god let's hope we're out of it in the PL next season!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
They come across as pretty reasonable to me and complimentary to us and the job Hughton has done. Nothing much to see here as far as I can see. A bit of a joke re our two celebs is hardly an insult.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I quite like the owlstalk forum it's the only away teams fans forum I ever browse from time to time

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here