Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday fans discussing us....

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Loss of £25m, can have up to £39m over 3 years, but it is fair to say if we don't go up this year we may have to sell a few.

39 million over 3 seasons start this season. The 25 million loss relates to last season and around 13 million of that will be ffp loss

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I liked the one which said ''we punt the THING forward''

I think knowing that the THING = Ball or football might help them in their quest

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Fair points from most of them.

The occasional 'they're in massive debt and need to sell their players' comments are great though.

Seems everybody has jumped on this 25M loss announcement without actually understanding it.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Rumours we have to sell this month...as we are over our 3 year ffp limit

How close to the truth are they about us being near the FFP limit?

Loss of £25m, can have up to £39m over 3 years, but it is fair to say if we don't go up this year we may have to sell a few.

39 million over 3 seasons start this season. The 25 million loss relates to last season and around 13 million of that will be ffp loss

For 2015-16 in the Championship, the maximum permitted loss for FFP purposes was £13 million. The Albion has just announced that they were compliant (ie, their FFP loss did not exceed £13 million).

For 2016-17 onwards, there are new rules which mean that losses will be assessed over 3 seasons; the club have to submit a forecast for the current campaign in March. So, in March 2017, Albion will have to project their FFP result for 2016-17, and this will be used in conjunction with the actual results for 2014-15 and 2015-16 to determine compliance.

Given that the allowable loss over the 3 seasons will be £39 million, it is inconceivable that Albion will be close to failing FFP at the end of this season (unless, of course, we splash out on Luis Suarez this month).

There is a very good explanation of FFP here - Financial Fair Play Explained - Championship rules 2016/17

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Interesting reading and a LOT of love for CH. We really ARE fortunate to have him at the club. Hope he stays around for ages...

Another nugget I saw was [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] suggesting we are signing Murray this month. Wishful thinking, ITK or have I missed something?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
For 2015-16 in the Championship, the maximum permitted loss for FFP purposes was £13 million. The Albion has just announced that they were compliant (ie, their FFP loss did not exceed £13 million).

For 2016-17 onwards, there are new rules which mean that losses will be assessed over 3 seasons; the club have to submit a forecast for the current campaign in March. So, in March 2017, Albion will have to project their FFP result for 2016-17, and this will be used in conjunction with the actual results for 2014-15 and 2015-16 to determine compliance.

Given that the allowable loss over the 3 seasons will be £39 million, it is inconceivable that Albion will be close to failing FFP at the end of this season (unless, of course, we splash out on Luis Suarez this month).

There is a very good explanation of FFP here - Financial Fair Play Explained - Championship rules 2016/17

You quote me yet that is exactly the point i was making. I understand exactly how it works thank you!!!

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Read every comment so far and on the whole a fair response. I agree that we have built steadily over the last 5 seasons and this one we have risked the budget. But typical Brighton under Chris, done the right way;
Don't cash in on selling players and adding that extra quality needed to get us hopefully over the line.
Genius! The man is a Genius!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

and what's this shit about them having higher gate receipts?

No idea, the gates are about the same. Are their prices higher? Unlikely I would have thought, if so Barber OUT!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I particularly liked this one:

"A better transfer policy. They don't sign 8 players in the hope that 2 of them will make the starting 11, thereby squandering vital resoutces.
A manager who has been there, done that.
In May, the championship title."

Knows his stuff, that chap!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Fair points from most of them.

The occasional 'they're in massive debt and need to sell their players' comments are great though.

Seems everybody has jumped on this 25M loss announcement without actually understanding it.

I've seen tweets from several different fans claiming that we're cheating ffp, and buying our way into the Premier League.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"Lower gate receipts than us"

http://www.emfootball.co.uk/attend.html

They should check their facts really. 26k average in a 40k seater stadium is hardly what you'd expect from MASSIVE WEDNESDAY

In the context of modern football, Sheffield Wednesday and Brighton and Hove Albion arguing who has bigger crowds and gate receipts is like two tramps arguing who smells less of piss.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here