Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday fans discussing us....

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Ahh Diddums!

One even suggests Stephens should have seen Red and Fletcher a Yellow! Jeez!

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/250171-fletcher-sending-off-massive-provocation/

To be fair, had the events of that game been reversed I would probably not be in a particularly rational state of mind.

Stephens should have been booked for sure and Fletcher being a seasoned pro should have known better. I don't get why players motion their heads towards each other, it's almost a guaranteed sending off when they do.

Banter aside, Wednesday are a good side so i'm not sure why their fans are so critical of themselves, other than losing their heads at the end. They needed to capitalise on the man advantage in the 10-15 mins after the sending off but they allowed us to reorganise. When Sidwell came on and moved us up the pitch and Solly provided another dangerous outball we actually looked more dangerous with 10. That said, had Forestieri put the penalty away there would have been only one outcome and they'd all think very differently. Some real quality players in their side and I can't see how they won't finish at the very least in the top 6. All the more reason i'm glad we've collected our 6 points and are shot of them:D

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
MASSIVE not been discussed in a while, here's a little snippet from perusing their boards today:

You can't deny Brighton are a very good team and nice to watch, but there's something so irredeemably awful about them that winds me up so much. They're like a Hard Rock Cafe in a division full of traditional country pubs. I half expect them to line up and do a synchronised dance every time they score. Everything about them makes me cringe.

Except their results.

I know what you mean. There's just something that I dislike about them and have done so for a number of years.

It's like football for a lot of their "fans" only really started one they moved into their shiny new stadium.

To their credit though they'll get up this season and deservedly so.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
MASSIVE not been discussed in a while, here's a little snippet from perusing their boards today:

Have they brought up the ....... 'They have overspent and failed FFP"... I used to see that a lot on there!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There's probably a few albion fans who don't like them so it all evens out.

Just the way it is.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
It didn't take much searching... for this little beauty....

And to put it further into context, Newcastle have spent £54.7m, Brighton have spent £7.45m (having spent an awful lot more than that over the last 3 seasons, enough to fall foul of FFP), Huddersfield (the obvious surprise) have spent £3.8m, Reading have spent £7.59m, Leeds have spent £7.3m, Fulham have spent £22m and Norwich have spent £22.5m.

We deserve to be top 2 as we have spent more than Wednesday :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Have they brought up the ....... 'They have overspent and failed FFP"... I used to see that a lot on there!

That one has run it's course.

Replaced by reluctant praise. Unsure what is meant by 'traditional' in the sense above, they either haven't been following football for very long, are totally ignorant or in this particular case traditional may mean having a shit awful brass band that made me stop going to England matches (alright, one of the reasons I stopped going:wink:).

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
That one has run it's course.

Replaced by reluctant praise. Unsure what is meant by 'traditional' in the sense above, they either haven't been following football for very long, are totally ignorant or in this particular case traditional may mean having a shit awful brass band that made me stop going to England matches (alright, one of the reasons I stopped going:wink:).

Thy didn't run a series called 'educating Yorkshire' for no reason.......... I doubt it would have had an impact though :lolol:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I'll never forget playing them in league 1 while at withdean and chatting to a few of their fans before the game in the pub.
They just took the piss out of the ground and our predicament. Didn't give a shot about us fans and what we'd gone thru previous so for that reason, they can piss off !

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It didn't take much searching... for this little beauty....

And to put it further into context, Newcastle have spent £54.7m, Brighton have spent £7.45m (having spent an awful lot more than that over the last 3 seasons, enough to fall foul of FFP), Huddersfield (the obvious surprise) have spent £3.8m, Reading have spent £7.59m, Leeds have spent £7.3m, Fulham have spent £22m and Norwich have spent £22.5m.

We deserve to be top 2 as we have spent more than Wednesday :lolol::lolol::lolol:

I like that one. I must've missed us falling foul of ffp rules. Well. If Wednesday fans say it it must be true

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
hqdefault-2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here