Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BBassic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How close to the truth are they about us being near the FFP limit?
    Considering its a 39 million limit over 3 seasons starting this season i suspect not very.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by albionite View Post
      Loss of 25m, can have up to 39m over 3 years, but it is fair to say if we don't go up this year we may have to sell a few.
      We don't have an (FFP) loss of anything remotely close to that though.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Loss of 25m, can have up to 39m over 3 years, but it is fair to say if we don't go up this year we may have to sell a few.
      39 million over 3 seasons start this season. The 25 million loss relates to last season and around 13 million of that will be ffp loss
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I liked the one which said ''we punt the THING forward''

I think knowing that the THING = Ball or football might help them in their quest
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      We don't have an (FFP) loss of anything remotely close to that though.
      Ok fair enough don't need to sell to balance the books but a few players will want top league football. Too lazy to add that

4 Not allowed!
      Fair points from most of them.

The occasional 'they're in massive debt and need to sell their players' comments are great though.

Seems everybody has jumped on this 25M loss announcement without actually understanding it.

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhanutz View Post
      Rumours we have to sell this month...as we are over our 3 year ffp limit
      Quote Originally Posted by BBassic View Post
      How close to the truth are they about us being near the FFP limit?
      Quote Originally Posted by atomised View Post
      39 million over 3 seasons start this season. The 25 million loss relates to last season and around 13 million of that will be ffp loss
      For 2015-16 in the Championship, the maximum permitted loss for FFP purposes was 13 million. The Albion has just announced that they were compliant (ie, their FFP loss did not exceed 13 million).

For 2016-17 onwards, there are new rules which mean that losses will be assessed over 3 seasons; the club have to submit a forecast for the current campaign in March. So, in March 2017, Albion will have to project their FFP result for 2016-17, and this will be used in conjunction with the actual results for 2014-15 and 2015-16 to determine compliance.

Given that the allowable loss over the 3 seasons will be 39 million, it is inconceivable that Albion will be close to failing FFP at the end of this season (unless, of course, we splash out on Luis Suarez this month).

There is a very good explanation of FFP here - Financial Fair Play Explained - Championship rules 2016/17
      Last edited by AZ Gull; 04-01-2017 at 16:54. Reason: Spelling
      Brighton and Hove Albion Squad Contract Durations 2016-17

Albion U-18s: A Review of the 2016-17 Season

Albion U-23s: Review of the Season - 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
      I think, but I may be wrong, that it is the cleverest quip I've ever seen on NSC.

0 Not allowed!
      Interesting reading and a LOT of love for CH. We really ARE fortunate to have him at the club. Hope he stays around for ages...

Another nugget I saw was @Simster suggesting we are signing Murray this month. Wishful thinking, ITK or have I missed something?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AZ Gull View Post
      For 2015-16 in the Championship, the maximum permitted loss for FFP purposes was 13 million. The Albion has just announced that they were compliant (ie, their FFP loss did not exceed 13 million).

For 2016-17 onwards, there are new rules which mean that losses will be assessed over 3 seasons; the club have to submit a forecast for the current campaign in March. So, in March 2017, Albion will have to project their FFP result for 2016-17, and this will be used in conjunction with the actual results for 2014-15 and 2015-16 to determine compliance.

Given that the allowable loss over the 3 seasons will be 39 million, it is inconceivable that Albion will be close to failing FFP at the end of this season (unless, of course, we splash out on Luis Suarez this month).

There is a very good explanation of FFP here - Financial Fair Play Explained - Championship rules 2016/17
      You quote me yet that is exactly the point i was making. I understand exactly how it works thank you!!!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      Interesting reading and a LOT of love for CH. We really ARE fortunate to have him at the club. Hope he stays around for ages...

Another nugget I saw was @Simster suggesting we are signing Murray this month. Wishful thinking, ITK or have I missed something?
      http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...nt-sky-sources

Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.