Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ritchie Towell what do we think of him?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Should we fail to land cover for Baldock this month, is Towell attacking enough (and good enough!) to do a job if - heaven forbid - Sam gets injured or suspended?

(From the little I've seen, both live and on-line) he might be good enough, but is not QUICK enough, to play that role. If we had to cover SB from the existing squad, then Murphy, or more likely March, are our options.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Surprised that he's featured on the club calendar - let's put it like that.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Some people say he's the best player to come from the League Of Ireland since Seamus Coleman. Saw him for the under-23s v Orient and he looked very good going forward, quick-thinking and very attack-minded. Could be the starting number 10 at a club further down the table. Definitely worth persevering with.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Mental to think he came in as a sub in the PLAY OFFS! God we were u lucky last season :facepalm:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I guess he ought to go out on loan,but that would leave us light at the moment,in the event of a lot of injuries .

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Ipswich are interested in taking him on loan for the rest of the season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He has not been given a chance. A loan sounds ideal so he can prove himself a Championship (not below) level.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Good backup and member of the 18 man squad for when he needs to be called upon. Once the transfer window shuts, we are limited to what we have - including the Under 23s. He performed well last year when called upon and has had run outs in the Checkatrade Trophy and hopefully will get a run in the FA Cup. Strength in depth is what we need to maintain and is what the teams that came down last year have (as well as parachute payments)

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'd love to see him given a few league game sub appearances and see how he goes. Feel a bit for him really, having left regular football in Ireland.

He could still be a secret weapon this season!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
If he starts tomorrow... he will get rave reviews.. and probably score..... I think he is quality, as an attacking m/f option.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here