Please help support NSC by buying from Amazon

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 117

Thread: So the fact he was carrying a gun......

  1. #81
    Members Simster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    43,821

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    drivel ......
    I have no sympathy for the bloke who was shot and disagree that those who think this way have standards akin to gun carrying criminals, but in what way is that drivel? I think it's reasonably well thought through and articulated to be honest.

    It really is so unlike you to post pompous nonsense without bothering with facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

  2. #82
    Members
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,315

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no sympathy for the bloke who was shot and disagree that those who think this way have standards akin to gun carrying criminals, but in what way is that drivel? I think it's reasonably well thought through and articulated to be honest.

    It really is so unlike you to post pompous nonsense without bothering with facts.
    You nearly finished without your usual parting shot (pardon the pun), we all know that we have processes in place that usually come to the correct conclusions, in this case I suspect there will be drivel from the usual suspects, but even as you say 'have no sympathy' then you too feel the same as me and those casually discarding any defense, so just supporting your mates babble of a post offers little.

  3. #83

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no sympathy for the bloke who was shot and disagree that those who think this way have standards akin to gun carrying criminals, but in what way is that drivel? I think it's reasonably well thought through and articulated to be honest.

    It really is so unlike you to post pompous nonsense without bothering with facts.
    To be clear, I never said that if you don't have sympathy for this bloke then you have the moral standards of a drug dealer or a gun carrying criminal. I was talking about summary executions on the basis of some kind of "bad-man-o-meter". Sympathy is not the measure here. I would hardly say I have sympathy for him.

    I care about us living in a law-abiding society and having a police force with standards and ethics. That's actually what protects us from dangerous criminals.

    If anyone thinks our country would be safer and more decent if only the police would go around shooting all the "wrong-uns", they should probably think again.
    - Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract. -

  4. #84
    Members
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Brynna South Wales (And I'm not Welsh either!)
    Posts
    393

    0 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry you are so wrong! I believe in the rule of law and a court of law with all of the information placed in front of it found him innocent. Now, he may be what you say he is, you obviously have inside information that others including the police and the court do not have access to, but the justice system found him innocent.

    '28 year old never had a job, loads of money, flash lifestyle, flash cars, where all the money come from ever considered he has a rich auntie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surport Local Team View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't be so na´ve, just because someone is acquitted of murder does not always make them innocent!! Just means not enough evidence to convict!

    On the face of it good riddance, 28 year old never had a job, loads of money, flash lifestyle, flash cars, where all the money come from. Has a gun?? who carries a gun? Has 13 security cameras round his house! The real victims are the thousands of familys lives he has helped reck flooding the streets with crack and heroin?

  5. #85
    Members mikeyjh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Llanymawddwy
    Posts
    2,662

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarpon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As an aside why is 'knob jockey' a term of abuse?
    I know quite a few people who I believe regularly jockey on knobs and they're alright.
    Fair point, it had honestly never crossed my mind what it actually meant, won't use again.

  6. #86
    sleeper cell
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Behind enemy lines
    Posts
    3,115

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitechapel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think most people's problem with the Mark Duggan case was the fact the police lied to cover their own back, was it not?
    Most people?? A public enquiry found that it was a lawful killing and no police officers have ever been charged in relation to his death. If you can provide evidence of the police lying I'm sure the IPCC would bite your hand off for that info, good luck.

  7. #87
    aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    The arse end of Hangleton
    Posts
    13,540

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kjgood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry you are so wrong! I believe in the rule of law and a court of law with all of the information placed in front of it found him innocent. Now, he may be what you say he is, you obviously have inside information that others including the police and the court do not have access to, but the justice system found him innocent.
    No it didn't.
    The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
    I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

  8. #88
    Members Kalimantan Gull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Central Borneo / the Lizard
    Posts
    5,591

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dingodan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lot's of people on here seem to be saying it's Ok to shoot and kill him for the following reasons:

    Not a nice bloke
    Possibly carries a gun
    Was once acquitted of a serious crime

    Just to be clear, in this country we don't summarily execute people for the above reasons.

    The only reason he could have been lawfully killed would be:

    He reached for a weapon

    So let's hope that is the case. Let's also hope most of you guys never have responsibility for such monumentous decisions, it sounds like many of you would have pulled the trigger just because you think he was probably a c***.

    Drug dealers and weapon carrying criminals tend to have quite low standards when it comes to decency and ethics, but you guys don't have to join them.
    Now there is a good post

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    drivel ......
    you're on a different planet mate

  9. #89
    Members
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Nr Lewes
    Posts
    747

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kjgood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry you are so wrong! I believe in the rule of law and a court of law with all of the information placed in front of it found him innocent. Now, he may be what you say he is, you obviously have inside information that others including the police and the court do not have access to, but the justice system found him innocent.

    '28 year old never had a job, loads of money, flash lifestyle, flash cars, where all the money come from ever considered he has a rich auntie?
    Innocent of murder, fair enough. Innocent of being an illegal gun carrier? Not so. Despite what you see on TV or while playing GTA, carrying a gun is not a lifestyle choice like it is in the USA. If you are known to carry a gun by the police in the UK you are viewed as extremely dangerous and a potential murderer, simple. The minimum sentence for carrying a gun is 5 years and rightly so, if you are known to carry a gun in the UK you are a complete moron as the police WILL shoot you. Rich Auntie? get real.
    Have you seen the Muppet Show........

  10. #90
    sleeper cell
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Behind enemy lines
    Posts
    3,115

    0 Not allowed!
    There is no such thing as being 'found innocent' in the British criminal justice system, you get found 'not guilty'. It is a very very big difference, it doesn't mean you didn't do it
    , it means there isn't generally enough evidence to prove you did.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •