Please help support NSC by buying from Amazon

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: So the fact he was carrying a gun......

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    drivel ......
    I have no sympathy for the bloke who was shot and disagree that those who think this way have standards akin to gun carrying criminals, but in what way is that drivel? I think it's reasonably well thought through and articulated to be honest.

It really is so unlike you to post pompous nonsense without bothering with facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
    Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
    I have no sympathy for the bloke who was shot and disagree that those who think this way have standards akin to gun carrying criminals, but in what way is that drivel? I think it's reasonably well thought through and articulated to be honest.

It really is so unlike you to post pompous nonsense without bothering with facts.
    You nearly finished without your usual parting shot (pardon the pun), we all know that we have processes in place that usually come to the correct conclusions, in this case I suspect there will be drivel from the usual suspects, but even as you say 'have no sympathy' then you too feel the same as me and those casually discarding any defense, so just supporting your mates babble of a post offers little.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post

To be clear, I never said that if you don't have sympathy for this bloke then you have the moral standards of a drug dealer or a gun carrying criminal. I was talking about summary executions on the basis of some kind of "bad-man-o-meter". Sympathy is not the measure here. I would hardly say I have sympathy for him.

I care about us living in a law-abiding society and having a police force with standards and ethics. That's actually what protects us from dangerous criminals.

If anyone thinks our country would be safer and more decent if only the police would go around shooting all the "wrong-uns", they should probably think again.
    - Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract. -

Members
    Brynna South Wales (And I'm not Welsh either!)

0 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry you are so wrong! I believe in the rule of law and a court of law with all of the information placed in front of it found him innocent. Now, he may be what you say he is, you obviously have inside information that others including the police and the court do not have access to, but the justice system found him innocent.

'28 year old never had a job, loads of money, flash lifestyle, flash cars, where all the money come from ever considered he has a rich auntie?

Quote Originally Posted by Surport Local Team View Post
    Don't be so na´ve, just because someone is acquitted of murder does not always make them innocent!! Just means not enough evidence to convict!

On the face of it good riddance, 28 year old never had a job, loads of money, flash lifestyle, flash cars, where all the money come from. Has a gun?? who carries a gun? Has 13 security cameras round his house! The real victims are the thousands of familys lives he has helped reck flooding the streets with crack and heroin?

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarpon View Post
    As an aside why is 'knob jockey' a term of abuse?
    I know quite a few people who I believe regularly jockey on knobs and they're alright.
    Fair point, it had honestly never crossed my mind what it actually meant, won't use again.

sleeper cell

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitechapel View Post
    I think most people's problem with the Mark Duggan case was the fact the police lied to cover their own back, was it not?
    Most people?? A public enquiry found that it was a lawful killing and no police officers have ever been charged in relation to his death. If you can provide evidence of the police lying I'm sure the IPCC would bite your hand off for that info, good luck.

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kjgood View Post
    I'm sorry you are so wrong! I believe in the rule of law and a court of law with all of the information placed in front of it found him innocent. Now, he may be what you say he is, you obviously have inside information that others including the police and the court do not have access to, but the justice system found him innocent.
    No it didn't.
    The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
    I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dingodan View Post
    Lot's of people on here seem to be saying it's Ok to shoot and kill him for the following reasons:

Not a nice bloke
    Possibly carries a gun
    Was once acquitted of a serious crime

Just to be clear, in this country we don't summarily execute people for the above reasons.

The only reason he could have been lawfully killed would be:

He reached for a weapon

So let's hope that is the case. Let's also hope most of you guys never have responsibility for such monumentous decisions, it sounds like many of you would have pulled the trigger just because you think he was probably a c***.

Drug dealers and weapon carrying criminals tend to have quite low standards when it comes to decency and ethics, but you guys don't have to join them.
    Now there is a good post

Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
    drivel ......
    you're on a different planet mate

Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kjgood View Post

'28 year old never had a job, loads of money, flash lifestyle, flash cars, where all the money come from ever considered he has a rich auntie?
    Innocent of murder, fair enough. Innocent of being an illegal gun carrier? Not so. Despite what you see on TV or while playing GTA, carrying a gun is not a lifestyle choice like it is in the USA. If you are known to carry a gun by the police in the UK you are viewed as extremely dangerous and a potential murderer, simple. The minimum sentence for carrying a gun is 5 years and rightly so, if you are known to carry a gun in the UK you are a complete moron as the police WILL shoot you. Rich Auntie? get real.
    Have you seen the Muppet Show........

sleeper cell

0 Not allowed!
    There is no such thing as being 'found innocent' in the British criminal justice system, you get found 'not guilty'. It is a very very big difference, it doesn't mean you didn't do it
    , it means there isn't generally enough evidence to prove you did.