Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    As I believe I have posted before, I work with three 'Southern' Police Forces in their Firing Ranges and over the past 15 years or so have got to know many, many Armed Response Officers.

Almost without exception the last thing the ones I have known is to fire their weapon in a 'live' situation, whether it is at armed criminals, terrorists or anyone else.

This situation must have been intelligence led for it to have been planned with armed response teams i.e. the Police had reasonable suspicion that this bloke was carrying a firearm in order to do someone some harm, possibly lethal harm.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehound View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I have a "Christian" name. I'm not a Christian. What does a name prove?
      Proves nothing but it does give a clue. Would you not agree that if you met a Mohammed and a John, most would assume one was more likely to be muslim than the other. ....again neither does being found not guilty of murder,but the fact that he was accused of murder gives a clue to what he does with his life coupled with the fact he carries a gun or do you still feel he may be innocent of any crime and stitched up by police!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by T.G View Post
      So fair game to shoot all the gun wielding grouse shooters then!
      Maybe not, but all those carrying an illegal firearm in a public place? OK for you?
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehound View Post
      I have a "Christian" name. I'm not a Christian. What does a name prove?
      Really ?? How many non Muslims are called mohammed?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
      You're backing a loser with this one, you can wrap it up how you want, I havent really looked into this case dont need to ....... he's a wrong'un.
      That maybe true but I'm not seeking to defend him - My beef is with the tacit acceptance of the police shooting people because they may be bad people and how people formulate their reasons for accepting this. Dangerous road for us to go down, IMO.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjh View Post
      Oh, that was aimed at me - Ages since I was accused of being a sweet young teen, that's kind of weird you know.

Okay, so if we're have a mature discussion, my issue with your post is as follows:- You've taken an established fact in that he was acquitted of a serious charge (it was attempted murder, not murder) and casually implied that basically he was guilty. In fact, the judge in the case referred to the key witness as being 'one of the least compelling witnesses that he had seen in 35 years', the case was therefore thrown out.

Then rest of your post is full of hyperbole based on supposition using as a source that I made an educated guess to be our old friend the Daily Mail. You've then concluded that acquittal of crime + allegations of drug dealing + having expensive cars + having a DIY home security setup = Death sentence.

You may, or may not, be a Daily Mail reader (I think you are), but your post is a classic DM reader summary.
      And yours of the see no, hear no, speak no evil variety.
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
      Proves nothing but it does give a clue. Would you not agree that if you met a Mohammed and a John, most would assume one was more likely to be muslim than the other. ....again neither does being found not guilty of murder,but the fact that he was accused of murder gives a clue to what he does with his life coupled with the fact he carries a gun or do you still feel he may be innocent of any crime and stitched up by police!
      It was the guy's father who was called Mohammed, not the guy who was shot.

And exactly where am I suggesting that anyone was stitched up or innocent of anything? I'm only suggesting you shouldn't jump to an unrelated conclusion based on someone's father's name.
      Beer in the Netherlands - "Probably the best beer guide to the Netherlands ever written." - Trufflehound.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
      And yours of the see no, hear no, speak no evil variety.
      Im still curious about your OP regarding 'and have some areshole record it on video and try to twist the shooting into an anti-Islami issue. Jeez.....'
      The guy that invented predictive text died today, his funfair will be next fryingpan.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by alfredmizen View Post
      Really ?? How many non Muslims are called mohammed?
      Like I said, the dead guy was not called Mohammed - his dad was. Even if he were, all it proves is that his parents probably cared enough to give him a Muslim name. Doesn't automatically make him a Muslim.

Do you choose to believe everything your parents believe or do you make your own choices in life?
      Beer in the Netherlands - "Probably the best beer guide to the Netherlands ever written." - Trufflehound.

0 Not allowed!
      Does the fact the guys Dad has the same name as Sir Mo Farah have anything to do with anything in this case?