Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So the fact he was carrying a gun......

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I think his point is that he may be called Mohammed and be born into a Muslim family, but that doesn't make him a practising Muslim.

Maybe but I'll guarantee that he would have described himself as one.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Nobody did make a big deal of his religion except mikey jh , all the posts.from me and subsequently others are only answering him

The OP made reference to the protesters filming the protest.. 'and have some areshole record it on video and try to twist the shooting into an anti-Islami issue. Jeez.....'
Which I think was the main point of his post in the first place.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Maybe but I'll guarantee that he would have described himself as one.

Spot on Alf:

3BD5DB1E00000578-4086872-image-a-7_1483523741239.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
If I shout at someone during an argument I imagine they would shout back, If I punch someone I would expect to be punched back, If I took someone on in a knife fight I would expect to be stabbed, If I bring a gun to the party well there is a fair assumption that I might get shot once it all goes down.

This could be the Mark Duggan shooting all over again and lets not forget what an innocent lovely chap he was, a proper upstanding non drug dealing non gun carrying good all round bloke.

I think most people's problem with the Mark Duggan case was the fact the police lied to cover their own back, was it not?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Okay, my problem here is not with any idea that Mr Yaqub is some angel, it is with how quickly we use a set of suppositions to form a conviction. If I can take some of your points to address:-

"You don't get charged to court on an attempted murder charge unless there is some evidence against you and that wouldn't just be one dodgy key witness" - 'Before discharging the jury, Judge Marson told them that there would be no case against Yaqub without the evidence of Mr Hussain and courts had to treat such cases with very great care.'

"you don't swan around in 40 grand motors with no job or apparent source of income unless you have very rich parents (he didn't) or are a drug dealer" - 'Mr Yaqub's father Mohammed is a well-known local businessman and property owner in the Crosland Moor area of the town'. Additionally, you've have reached the conclusion about the apparent source of income. I have a £40k car, do you know how I afford that?

"You don't carry a gun unless you have a lawful reason to carry one, if you have an unlawful reason to carry one then you can expect to get shot if you carry it with you" - Gun was found in car he was travelling in, a not so subtle difference

In short, I know nothing I've said above presents any great defence for this individual but it does show how flimsy some of the arguments are that people are using to justify the shooting and that maybe we should step back a little, sometimes.

Having read many of your recent shite postings and you being a Derby supporter........is this "The Derby way" of everything ?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
As an aside why is 'knob jockey' a term of abuse?
I know quite a few people who I believe regularly jockey on knobs and they're alright.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
I think most people's problem with the Mark Duggan case was the fact the police lied to cover their own back, was it not?

I don't have any problem with the death of Duggan (or the alleged drug dealer from Huddersfield), so I'm clearly not in the 'most people' category. Which is fine by me.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
and 'and have some areshole record it on video and try to twist the shooting into an anti-Islami issue. Jeez.....'

?

Right, it appears I have confused two separate videos. I have not watched the whole of this one taken from Youtube, I thought it was the same as one posted on Facebook, my mistake for which I apologise. The one from FB is one of those 'live' type things with 'likes' hearts and OMG's' floating across the screen. Most of these also had comments with them, some pro Police, some anti Police, some racist comments, some extremist comments. The video was presented in such a way that it gave the impression that this was a race related shooting, from there the comments started to become weighted far more heavily to a view of how the Police were anti-Islamic. There you go Dave, that is how you admit a mistake.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I don't have any problem with the death of Duggan (or the alleged drug dealer from Huddersfield), so I'm clearly not in the 'most people' category. Which is fine by me.

This.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Right, it appears I have confused two separate videos. I have not watched the whole of this one taken from Youtube, I thought it was the same as one posted on Facebook, my mistake for which I apologise. The one from FB is one of those 'live' type things with 'likes' hearts and OMG's' floating across the screen. Most of these also had comments with them, some pro Police, some anti Police, some racist comments, some extremist comments. The video was presented in such a way that it gave the impression that this was a race related shooting, from there the comments started to become weighted far more heavily to a view of how the Police were anti-Islamic. There you go Dave, that is how you admit a mistake.

Fair enough, but you can understand why it was curious. Im sure that video will show up on my FB eventually, ill give it a look.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
You find the wording " a planned operation " bizarre ? Really ? All it means is they were acting on intelligence rather than reacting to a call from the public , and Your statement that what is happening in America Should have an effect on public opinion here is what I find most bizarre.

Maybe I am bad at communicating - probably - What I mean I found bizarre isn't the fact that it was a planned operation, but the way the wording made it sound as if the operation in question was one where they had planned to shoot him from the outset. Which is why i said it sounded like an Assassination.

Also - I said that it will have an effect not that I think it should, look at the black lives matter protests here as a result of America. The media coverage of black deaths at the hands of police in America - has an impact on feeling here. Once a guy gets shot, some people will look at it and say that it is the same and that it is a conspiracy against whichever race or religion the person shot was.

Just my opinion like

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Lot's of people on here seem to be saying it's Ok to shoot and kill him for the following reasons:

Not a nice bloke
Possibly carries a gun
Was once acquitted of a serious crime

Just to be clear, in this country we don't summarily execute people for the above reasons.

The only reason he could have been lawfully killed would be:

He reached for a weapon

So let's hope that is the case. Let's also hope most of you guys never have responsibility for such monumentous decisions, it sounds like many of you would have pulled the trigger just because you think he was probably a c***.

Drug dealers and weapon carrying criminals tend to have quite low standards when it comes to decency and ethics, but you guys don't have to join them.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Lot's of people on here seem to be saying it's Ok to shoot and kill him for the following reasons:

Not a nice bloke
Possibly carries a gun
Was once acquitted of a serious crime

Just to be clear, in this country we don't summarily execute people for the above reasons.

The only reason he could have been lawfully killed would be:

He reached for a weapon

So let's hope that is the case. Let's also hope most of you guys never have responsibility for such monumentous decisions, it sounds like many of you would have pulled the trigger just because you think he was probably a c***.

Drug dealers and weapon carrying criminals tend to have quite low standards when it comes to decency and ethics, but you guys don't have to join them.

drivel ......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here