Please help support NSC by buying from Amazon

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: So the fact he was carrying a gun......

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fifth Column View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no such thing as being 'found innocent' in the British criminal justice system, you get found 'not guilty'. It is a very very big difference, it doesn't mean you didn't do it
    , it means there isn't generally enough evidence to prove you did.
    Boolox is there a big difference. Again, you want to find a stick to beat this bloke, fine but think about the wider picture, anybody found not guilty is, in your eyes, basically guilty but we just can't prove it? There is a fine, technical difference that in most people's eyes is non existent.

I admire your faith in the police and the CPS but sometimes it will be wildly misplaced.

Members
    Brynna South Wales (And I'm not Welsh either!)

0 Not allowed!
    Response deleted.
    Last edited by kjgood; 04-01-2017 at 13:30. Reason: Professional conflict

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjh View Post
    Boolox is there a big difference. Again, you want to find a stick to beat this bloke, fine but think about the wider picture, anybody found not guilty is, in your eyes, basically guilty but we just can't prove it? There is a fine, technical difference that in most people's eyes is non existent.

I admire your faith in the police and the CPS but sometimes it will be wildly misplaced.
    So John Terry is innocent of racially abusing anton ferdinand , yes ?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
    NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
    You do have to wonder sometimes though don't you? 'Suspicion of possession of a gun with intent to cause fear', WTF? Why not just 'possession of an illegal firearm'?
    Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
    You do have to wonder sometimes though don't you? 'Suspicion of possession of a gun with intent to cause fear', WTF? Why not just 'possession of an illegal firearm'?
    It's a preliminary charge to be able to keep the suspects in custody. When the evidence is gathered, the charge can be amended.
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
    NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjh View Post
    Don't know about the CPS but after 17 years working with various TFU's etc. I know about Armed Police and how they have to approach these situations. Do you have a personal issue with the Police by any chance?

Deplorable

0 Not allowed!
    [QUOTE=Rogero;7732443]He was a bad man and he lived with the gun and died with the gun.[/QUOTE

That sums it up quite nicely but it wont stop people looking for hidden agendas or cucks virtual signalling in response.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
    Don't know about the CPS but after 17 years working with various TFU's etc. I know about Armed Police and how they have to approach these situations. Do you have a personal issue with the Police by any chance?
    No, but neither do I have complete faith in them. They make mistakes, pursue the wrong people - The point I was making that there is not this big big difference between not guilty and innocent. To suggest otherwise is to imply that innocent people are never charged and taken to court. We all know that is completely untrue.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dingodan View Post
    To be clear, I never said that if you don't have sympathy for this bloke then you have the moral standards of a drug dealer or a gun carrying criminal. I was talking about summary executions on the basis of some kind of "bad-man-o-meter". Sympathy is not the measure here. I would hardly say I have sympathy for him.

I care about us living in a law-abiding society and having a police force with standards and ethics. That's actually what protects us from dangerous criminals.

If anyone thinks our country would be safer and more decent if only the police would go around shooting all the "wrong-uns", they should probably think again.
    Who decided that it was a summary execution?