Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Cairney

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Most aren't thinking about tomorrow, but the summer. If we're buying Cairney then, we'd be in the PL and then it's all about how we set-up in the PL. I'd imagine CH would think long and hard about whether 4-4-2 will be our formation in the PL. If not, and even if not for away games or for when we're protecting points, then a midfield three is highly likely, and I suspect that both Cairney and Norwood would be decent enough in a midfield three at PL level.

Despite what Norwich fans say he did play 4-4-2 in the Premier with Elmander and Wolfwinkel up front, with 2 wingers Redmond on the left and Hoolihan often on the right side

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Kaz and Ince plus £1million for Cairney?

Brilliant ........................... I really love the optimism of fans that teams will e queuing up to take what we don't need off of our hands. Not those two particularly.

To be honest I was sort of thinking along the same sort of lines. How do you get certain players off loaded. If we don't want them, why would others. And then I remembered Wigan paid £2m for Grant Holt. Always plenty of suckers out there.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Brilliant ........................... I really love the optimism of fans that teams will e queuing up to take what we don't need off of our hands. Not those two particularly.

To be honest I was sort of thinking along the same sort of lines. How do you get certain players off loaded. If we don't want them, why would others. And then I remembered Wigan paid £2m for Grant Holt. Always plenty of suckers out there.

Though Ince was well regarded when out on loan last year, and Kaz on his day is exceptional and may draw interest (see QPR).

I take your point, but not that far fetched I would suggest.

Edit - I realise you said not those two, but thought I'd add to Ince and Kaz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Ince won't be in the Championship next season

If they're not with us, I can see them possibly being snapped up by a newly promoted team.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good player. I'm also a fan of Will Hughes

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That's the only thing we're missing and it's that real quality midfielder that dictates things and makes things happen...this is why we can't quiet control games but if it means winning all the time as it is you certainly can't complain:)

This is why we miss kayal....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Good player. I'm also a fan of Will Hughes

I don't think Will Hughes is quite as quick as Cairney or Kayal, either as an athlete or as a quick thinker?

Lot to be said for football brains as Rohan Ince and Kazenga Lualua are probably a shade quicker athletes than all of the midfielders mentioned. Good athletes but not so good footballers. Ince and Lualua also have technique so it is easy to think they are better than they are in reality?

I would be scared stiff of forking out £10 million on the likes of Lookman, Oliver Burke, Scott Hogan in case they flatter to deceive!?

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That's the only thing we're missing and it's that real quality midfielder that dictates things and makes things happen...this is why we can't quiet control games but if it means winning all the time as it is you certainly can't complain:)

It is only against the three man midfield of Fulham including Cairney we have trouble with and then only in the absence of Beram Kayal. Howson (Norwich) and Shelvey (Newcastle) are not quite so much of a problem.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I remember when he briefly followed bhafc on twitter and I thought he was going to sign for us....I'd love him to sign for us if we reach the premier league.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Great player but we are very strong in midfield assuming we keep Stephens. Cairney and Hughes must have been targets before for newly promoted EPL clubs

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It was good to see Kayal warming up on the pitch at Fulham. It's worth going to the cup game just see him play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here