Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium Steps Up To The Coach Park

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone else feel that just the one set of steps is inadequate? The fact that home fans have to mingle with the away fans to get up the one set of steps is not ideal and IMO could be catastrophic in the event that the away fans kick off in sufficient numbers. We saw a bit of this after the Leeds game but if we are Prem bound I envisage much greater problems. Would it not be possible to put in another set of steps nearer to the WSU so that the steps outside the away fans end could be used more exclusively for the away fans?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Anyone else feel that just the one set of steps is inadequate? The fact that home fans have to mingle with the away fans to get up the one set of steps is not ideal and IMO could be catastrophic in the event that the away fans kick off in sufficient numbers. We saw a bit of this after the Leeds game but if we are Prem bound I envisage much greater problems. Would it not be possible to put in another set of steps nearer to the WSU so that the steps outside the away fans end could be used more exclusively for the away fans?

Could even install Stannah chair lifts for the older fan :D:thumbsup:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
These first-world barrel-scraping problems are really starting to mount up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

If you're walking round the West side just go up the ramp instead.......coming from the West, and probably the North stand too it's quicker to do this.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not had a problem and its quite comical listening to vastly different views on the ref and/or game while using the steps.

If there is potential trouble the Police block off the steps for away fans to use first.

Anyway another set of steps would still get fans in the coach park at the same time. Also you have overlooked the park and ride and train queues whete fans mingle together.

If you're that concerned stay in the ground for 30 minutes or leave 10 minutes early

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Got to say that exiting from the ES can be a bit hairy if your heading for the park and ride buses. It could get a bit nasty. So long as the OB and stewards get it right then don't see the need for separate steps though, not for a few handbags. But if we did have serious problems then I fear that the OB/Stewards are not equipped to deal with it.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Any game where there's a higher risk of trouble the away fans would be kept inside anyway and the last four / five seasons would indicate the risk of proper trouble is low.

So, yeah, I think one set is fine. Plus you have the ramp as others have mentioned.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If you're walking round the West side just go up the ramp instead.......coming from the West, and probably the North stand too it's quicker to do this.

Yep, I always do this (assuming you mean the one that goes up to Brighton uni). Though it's annoying that people feel the need to drop off / pick up there.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep, I always do this (assuming you mean the one that goes up to Brighton uni). Though it's annoying that people feel the need to drop off / pick up there.

Yep, that one. Way quicker than fighting your way up the steps. Agree re pick-ups, presumably those too lazy to walk into the car park.......(if they're unable, fair enough, but that doesn't usually look to be the case)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here