Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lawrenson: Newcastle a shoe-in for Championship title

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
If a team that are 2 points below us having played a game more are a shoe -in for promotion.why on earth should we be offended by that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because he didn't say Promotion. He said Title.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let's keep our feet on the ground here, we won today which is excellent, but things could have gone differently.
Indeed. 4 games ago Derby were the in form team, having won 6 on the bounce. In the last 4 games we've gained 7 points on them. If that had gone the other way we'd now be level. Things can change so quickly, there's a very long way to go.

D

Deleted User X18H

Imagine you were divorced and your ex-wife, who you think screwed you over, came from and still lived in the town you used to play professional football for.

Maybe just maybe if you were able to regularly broadcast on national TV, you'd make derogatory remarks about that club, but really, you're having a dig at her.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Newcastle have the most expensive Championship side ever. Both in terms of wages and transfer fees. Newcastle can afford to spend huge in this transfer window if they wished and still comply with FFP. If they don't win the league their season would in part be a failure. Fortunately out of our remaining 22 games we only place them once.

We were lucky today and they were unlucky. It could all have been quite different, but luck is generally needed to win a Championship.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
At the moment we seem to be able to get a win without playing great. We are finding ways to kill teams off. Newcastle would love a bit of that, they would love it!!!

They seem to struggle to kill teams off even when playing well. Atm this is really in our favour but could change easily. Although am beginning to believe only ourselves, Newcastle, Leeds and Reading can stop us.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I marvelled at his brilliance in the Goldstone era but as a pundit he is a monotone ****. Seems to have erased his days at BHA from his memory, as if he's embarrassed by his affiliation to the club. Boring and arrogant. It's because of this that I rarely talk about him as I tend to pay the same amount of respect to him as he does to us, none. :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Must admit I'd really like to know why he seems to have airbrushed his four years at The Goldstone out of his memory. Always appreciated down here, and his departure was not acrimonious. He got a dream move to the best team in the land, and we got a fair price.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Must admit I'd really like to know why he seems to have airbrushed his four years at The Goldstone out of his memory. Always appreciated down here, and his departure was not acrimonious. He got a dream move to the best team in the land, and we got a fair price.

Never wanted to come south and join Brighton in the first place. Desperate to stay in the North West. Unfortunately for him, we made the Preston board an offer they couldn't refuse. Lawro was a superb player for us but we were not his dream move and that air of slight resentment has lingered since.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Who gives a toss about Lawro? He's just a massive whiny old granny. The reason he doesn't mention Brighton is because the club bought him a dress, a pair of reading glasses and a knitting kit for his 22nd birthday.

Lawro is eternally bitter at the fact he never made it as a house wife for Alan Hanson. Let's not take it personally.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Let's keep our feet on the ground here, we won today which is excellent, but things could have gone differently.

Newcastle SHOULD win this league , they have the best players and most money, they are missing baldy too who is a massive miss. Lawrenson may well be right, but he can poke his thoughts up his bum.

Game by game !!!

Spot on.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Imagine you were divorced and your ex-wife, who you think screwed you over, came from and still lived in the town you used to play professional football for.

Maybe just maybe if you were able to regularly broadcast on national TV, you'd make derogatory remarks about that club, but really, you're having a dig at her.

Then I think it would be in order to be described as a bit of a tool.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Thank God it wasn't this: "Gary, Newcastle are so much of a shoo-in that I'll do the show in my underpants if they don't win it".

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
TBH, there is a tiresome tendency among all pundits to conclude that relegated and other high spenders will triumph and the rest are there to make up the numbers. We know this from the lack of respect for last season and early this. It is not only us - sensitive Reading fans will have to search hard for anyone who thinks they might go up this season.

It is lazy and uninformed thinking as a review of who has been promoted automatically in last few seasons would show. Seems to me that we should forget being prickly, rejoice that there is not the pressure that Toon etc have, and continue to win matches...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here