Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you consider Brighton's biggest rival for second spot? part 2

Who do you consider Brighton's biggest rival for second spot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
No, a PC but the writing and pix are tiny - which is a shame, because it looks interesting

You can load it on google, and put a link here

Reading on 90 and Leeds on 88. 6 teams over 85. Nah.

Cheers Trigg .... try opening this. As for points I agree ... as I said I generally run 4-10 too high at this point but also the points dropped to more "sensible" levels tend to even out across all challengers

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9AyBEUiKUi0cGhTNi1Wb1c2YVU/view?usp=sharing

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I've gone for the Terriers. Based on nothing more than a feeling that Wagner is more likely to generate end-of-season consistency than Stam.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Reading are (like us), showing some remarkable resilience. I expect them to keep pushing us.

I agree and right now our meeting at the Amex at the end of Feb is likely to be a classic 6 pointer. Regardless of the outcome of that game the fixture list has thrown up a sequence of 7 games for Reading 5 of which are against the other teams in top 6. If they get through that lot still on our heels the last 6 or 7 will be nervy

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I still have Newcastle as faves for top spot - once Shelvey is back, they'll be winning again. For me, that leaves us and Reading at the mo - but slightly nervous as we're bound to have a dip and lose a couple we should win ... I can't see us lasting the rest of the season without a wobble, but you never know - everything has pretty much gone our way so far this season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I think Reading are the most likely to challenge for an automatic promotion place. They're above all the other teams in the poll, with a game in hand on them (with the exception of Fulham). I thought they'd struggle with their December fixtures but they seem to have got through them quite well.

I think Leeds could be a problem too. But I think Huddersfield will drop off the pace at some point, and that Derby, Sheffield Wednesday etc... are a bit too far off the pace to be of any major concern just yet.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I like these but, really, three teams with 90+ points and six further with 80+ points. Shurely shome mishtake.
A bit like the post reminding us that Norwich can still get 100 points....

Fair enough to consider possibilities but it is probability that matters most.

No-one apart from us and Newcastle is currently probable to get more than the usual 84 points or so (give or take a few if you must) earned by 3rd placed teams.

If we maintain anything like promotion form - and our squad surely will - then it is very, very unlikely we will be denied again.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Albion currently +6 points above a win-at-home-draw-away 92 point finish.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I like these but, really, three teams with 90+ points and six further with 80+ points. Shurely shome mishtake.

As I said, at this stage (I do it most years) it's generally between 4 and 10 points too high ("upsets") but if predicting likely results is difficult then predicting upsets is fricking impossible.

Assuming "upsets" are even across the board (which they aren't) then knock 6 or so points off everyone and you'll get something which looks a bit more reasonable :)

The bit that might be more interesting is the relative positioning rather than absolute points?

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As I said, at this stage (I do it most years) it's generally between 4 and 10 points too high ("upsets") but if predicting likely results is difficult then predicting upsets is fricking impossible.

Assuming "upsets" are even across the board (which they aren't) then knock 6 or so points off everyone and you'll get something which looks a bit more reasonable :)

The bit that might be more interesting is the relative positioning rather than absolute points?

Fair play, but even lopping six points off leaves two on 90+ and four (?) on 80+. Would that be a record points haul for the top six?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So because the Rangers scored 2 against Wolves and Ipswich they will now be able to beat Reading and Fulham?
No, they were already able to, based on the fact that anyone can beat anyone in this division on their day. I expect they are now considered more likely to, although they will still be the underdog.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Quite surprising votes so far.

Separate point:
Which team is going to improve the most in the transfer window?

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Brighton - still time to have a major hissy fit...

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
12 wins from 22 games should do it, pretty please. We are talking Brighton & Hove Albion.???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here