Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Tomer HEMED our best EVER penalty taker?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
In some 40 years of watching the Albion, I am struggling to think of a more proficient penalty taker than our Tomer. Brian Horton was a great penalty taker, however, every time Tomer steps up - I always feel confident that he will score ...... & he does! :salute:

Except v Wolves last season?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine how good he'd be if he was able to kick the ball hard enough to reach the back of the net.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No way. Horton was relieved of the duties in favour of Ward at least once, though got them back.

Hemed much better and can go either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was 'relieved' of duties, I believe, after missing one at Fratton Park, I was there. I also believe that was the only one he ever missed for us (forget Palarse, that was a goal). I can also understand why Wardy got penalty duties seeing as he only had to look at the back of the net to score.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was 'relieved' of duties, I believe, after missing one at Fratton Park, I was there. I also believe that was the only one he ever missed for us (forget Palarse, that was a goal). I can also understand why Wardy got penalty duties seeing as he only had to look at the back of the net to score.

Though Ward missed more than Horton.

Hemed is borderline perfect at pens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
His record is great and he oozes confidence, but looking at the highlights his penno today wasn't great. Could easily have been saved.

Not complaining though. As long as they're on target and they're going in, long may they continue

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What? If he didn't pass it to the keeper we would have ended up on 91 points.
If that game had been different we don't know what would have happened in the other games. For a start, Middlesbrough wouldn't have settled for a draw.

And to complain that a player has missed one of all the ones he's taken is just dull.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I never felt confident when Hemed stepped up to the spot last season. And I still don't now. He never seems to hit the ball with any conviction and if the keeper goes the right way, it would be an easy save.

That said, his record speaks for itself. He's very good at winning the psychological battle with the keeper.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Murray is very good too. He's taken quite a few this season. Don't think he's missed one. The fact Hemed won the penalty maybe decided who would take it.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Honestly, his penalties are never in the corner, so his penalties aren't perfect. But his party trick is to somehow always give the keeper the eyes, and the keeper never seems to go the right way, ever.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I never felt confident when Hemed stepped up to the spot last season. And I still don't now. He never seems to hit the ball with any conviction and if the keeper goes the right way, it would be an easy save.

That said, his record speaks for itself. He's very good at winning the psychological battle with the keeper.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

What he is good at, and if you look at Everests video of all the goals of 2016, he doesn't actually have a spot to put it. So no matter how much a keeper works on his pens they really haven't got a clue which is his favoured spot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here