Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Tomer HEMED our best EVER penalty taker?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Eh? It wasn't selective editing (I just took the relevant bit) - here's you're whole quote:
"Sooner or later, a keeper will wise up and stand until ball is about to be struck, then Hemed is is trouble as his placing relies entirely on keeper moving before he strikes. Wouldn't mind seeing a video of the one he missed at Wolves last season to see what keeper did."

How is your point that it clearly didn't work today? You've simply said that a keeper will wise up and then Hemed is in trouble. A keep did what you said, and Hemed wasn't in trouble. I don't understand your point.
Ease up Trig, I guess like me there are other posters who are having trouble finding stuff to get upset about.

Personally I can't believe #blamestocko didn't hold the penalty.
The guys a fookin liability.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Good thread. Tomer is magnificent from 12 yards.

He has perfected the art of rolling the ball to the opposite side of that to which the keeper has committed himself.

A keeper who stands still with no anticipatory movement will be beaten by the simple application of minimal force.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good thread. Tomer is magnificent from 12 yards.

He has perfected the art of rolling the ball to the opposite side of that to which the keeper has committed himself.

A keeper who stands still with no anticipatory movement will be beaten by the simple application of minimal force.

This. A keeper simply not moving won't get to the ball if he waits until it's been struck unless it's hit down the middle. Tomer doesn't seem to wait for full movement, just a transfer of weight by the keeper - once that's happened the keeper has no chance of changing direction quickly enough.

19/20 is incredible. Read somewhere earlier that Fulham have missed 5 out of 6 this season.

Kubes

Jan 6, 2010
I remember Gus hiding behind the dugout at Withdean because he couldn't bear watching us missing penalties time after time. I'm just happy we are scoring more than we miss!!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Hemed's penalties are just another way we are demoralising teams we play - hence the results we keep getting. I bet no keeper really minds being beaten by a strong penalty in the corner - but to be outwitted in the way Hemed does it must be galling. You can see this today - their keeper knows that his balance is wrong, and despite the fact that the ball travels ever so slowly, he also knows he's not going to be able to get it - but he does his best to start moving the other way.

It must be infuriating....

Jimmy Grimble

Would like to see a compilation of his pens. Reckon other than the miss, he's sent the keeper the wrong way each time.

I would also like to see that wolves one again as I have a feeling he changed his technique slightly for it.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Eh? It wasn't selective editing (I just took the relevant bit) - here's you're whole quote:
"Sooner or later, a keeper will wise up and stand until ball is about to be struck, then Hemed is is trouble as his placing relies entirely on keeper moving before he strikes. Wouldn't mind seeing a video of the one he missed at Wolves last season to see what keeper did."

How is your point that it clearly didn't work today? You've simply said that a keeper will wise up and then Hemed is in trouble. A keep did what you said, and Hemed wasn't in trouble. I don't understand your point.

Can add nothing to Stat Brothers response.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Tomer's technique is absolutely world class. His body language, eyes and run up, all give off different signals so the keeper has no idea whatsoever which way he's going. The opposition can prepare by watching his previous penalties all they want but that pretty much goes out the window as he is capable of going left, right, centre or even a cheeky little dink like last season against Leeds. 19/20 for his career is an incredible stat!

The fact that he's watched so much of the season from the bench highlights how good he is at taking them. Muzza's been banging them in and is full of confidence, it's a lot harder for a player who hasn't been playing or scoring to come on and slot penalty after penalty away so calmly when they may not be as in form or as confident. Tomer oozes class from the spot and long may it continue!

That being said Spanish Dave was f***ing brilliant!

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Ladies and Gentlemen of a certain age, I give you Frank Worthington.

I remember Angry Andy Goram saving one of Frank's only for the ref to order it to be retaken - Andy went mental and needed a lot of work from the Physio on his wrist because of the save. Frank put the retake away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here