Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

From the article linked to. A great quote from the Fulham manager about the Chris Martin situation

“When we played Derby three or four weeks ago [Derby’s manager] Steve McClaren asked me about Chris Martin because he explained he likes this player. And I explained he is under contract, I want to keep him and recommended that he look in the market for another option. But he must not have understood my English.”

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Reports are that Fulham players have said Brighton were all over the pitch, it was as if they had 80 players.

True. For a spell in the 2nd half the Fulham team were looking at each other wondering WTF was happening, I think I saw one of them counting our team to check.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
True. For a spell in the 2nd half the Fulham team were looking at each other wondering WTF was happening, I think I saw one of them counting our team to check.

Some on their forum - link in other thread - suggested we're the only team to make them lose their shit at home. None of their players seemed to know how to cope when we threw the kitchen sink(s) at them (Dunk and Duffy).

Bodes really well for any future tight spots.

By the by how did the Murray/Hemed combo work?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good quote from one of the Fulham fan's threads

What i came away with yesterday were a couple of things...well maybe three things.
1- I was proved right about Smith. Apart from a couple of headers in first 5 minutes he offers very little. hes a lump who yes kept the CBs busy but his fitness is woeful (and he trains every day) and had to come off as he was looking every inch the man running in quicksand. But he does not hold the ball up, first touch of a wall.
2 - Houghton is an excellent Championship manager. Was always my other choice after Symons when Mad Magath was sacked.But I remeber many saying hes no good in the PL. Well worry about that when there. He knew exactly what our main weakness is. And thats a long ball down the middle of our CB's ....and thats any combination of the four we have. Its been our problem all season.
3 - Game management. Houghton won that hands down. as soon as they were losing he threw caustion to the wind and that ten minute spell where they had 3 or 4 right up top on our defence was too much for our fragile minds. We just could not handle it. And then as soon as they are in the lead he changes it again. SJ needs to improve his reaction to whats going on in a game.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Some on their forum - link in other thread - suggested we're the only team to make them lose their shit at home. None of their players seemed to know how to cope when we threw the kitchen sink(s) at them (Dunk and Duffy).

Bodes really well for any future tight spots.

By the by how did the Murray/Hemed combo work?

Murray/Hemed looked ok but I reckon they need to work together more to really become a major problem for defences. Agree with you that Duffy and Dunk really put the wind up them!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
_93210345_fulham_rex.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here