Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums Thread - 2017

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The new Venom Inc album, Avé, is a bit of a masterpiece IMO.

Also, just out, Motörhead's 'Under Cover' release d posthumously of course, has some stunning tracks on it, Lemmy does Bowies Heroes outstandingly for one, but the Dio track Starstruck with Biff Byford on vocals is blumming awesome.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Venom. Now there's a name I've not heard in a long long time. Saw them live back in the day on a tv program called ECT and they hung around after and autographed my denim jacket.

Jul 7, 2003
Venom. Now there's a name I've not heard in a long long time. Saw them live back in the day on a tv program called ECT and they hung around after and autographed my denim jacket.

I was only watching some footage from ECT on youtube the other day while explaining to someone at work about the great Dumpy's Rusty Nuts. Also found The Grip (great band, should have been big - featuring Willie Dowling of Wildhearts and Dowling Poole) and also a couple of bands whose albums I bought off the back of ECT - Madam X and Warrior.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was only watching some footage from ECT on youtube the other day while explaining to someone at work about the great Dumpy's Rusty Nuts. Also found The Grip (great band, should have been big - featuring Willie Dowling of Wildhearts and Dowling Poole) and also a couple of bands whose albums I bought off the back of ECT - Madam X and Warrior.

I saw The Grip when I was there I think. Lee Aaron also. Memory is a bit hazy though. There is some YouTube footage with me quite visible in the crowd as well. I'll see if I can find it.

Jul 7, 2003

Jul 7, 2003

Also, just out, Motörhead's 'Under Cover' release d posthumously of course, has some stunning tracks on it, Lemmy does Bowies Heroes outstandingly for one, but the Dio track Starstruck with Biff Byford on vocals is blumming awesome.

I was hoping that the often promised Lemmy solo album would show up. It was mentioned in the Lemmy movie and a few tracks were on there that, as far as I know, have never been released.

Might be a bit lightweight for you but if you like your rock music in an 80's style, the new H.E.A.T. album sounds like it will be very good from the excerpts I have heard so far.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was hoping that the often promised Lemmy solo album would show up. It was mentioned in the Lemmy movie and a few tracks were on there that, as far as I know, have never been released.

There was a 'sort of' Lemmy album a few years back called Damage Case, https://www.discogs.com/Lemmy-Damage-Case/release/1467646 it not too bad, but I believe there is still a possibility of a further relase.

And there's this which isn't too shabby

https://youtu.be/_EStrgql3II

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Even that run in the middle Peter Pan - Chemistry - Infinite Content?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Chemistry is the weakest on the album, but not to the extent that I skip it. The others, yeah I like them a lot.

I wasn't expecting to like this album as much as I do...but I do. I love it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Working my way through my new purchases. Forest Swords this morning.

This album has got me thinking. Britain has quite a ridiculous and bewildering array of DJ/producer/musician types at the moment.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Britain has quite a ridiculous and bewildering array of DJ/producer/musician types at the moment.

On that note, I currently have the Mount Kimbie album on and it's very interesting, if nothing else. Producers making music that sounds like a 4/5 piece.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The Neil Young 'Hitchhiker' 40 year old recording that just got released is splendid.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Happy Ariel Pink day everyone.

Those put off by pom pom's schizophenic tendencies (i.e. not me) will probably appreciate the return to the relative normality of the Before Today/ Mature Themes era on 'Dedicated to Bobby Johnson' but I'm not going to love it half as much as I did that record.

Still some great moments (as ever) including 'Time To Live,' complete with 'Video Killed The Radio Star' rip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYtsUdD921E

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've just been introduced to the delights of Blanck Mass. Now this is someone who completely passed me by until now. I bought his current album on a recommendation and a gig ticket purchase (he's supporting Forest Swords) and have now aquired the whole back catalogue. Excellent stuff and an interesting progression if you start from the start.

Forest Swords is excellent as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here