Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant 2017

1 Not allowed!
    Had another bang on curry at Eastern Eye last week, the place was basically full on a Wednesday in January, which says something. I think Raj Pavilion are currently closed and losing a lot of their business to this place, not sure they'll recover really.
    NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Beach Hut View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Anybody been to Skyfall in Hove ?

If so post a review please
      Also interested in this, as my better half wants to go there for Valentines Day.
      Took me years to realise that I spent my youth standing next to Steve Foster every week watching Sunday league football. Oops!

0 Not allowed!
      Is there such thing as a good restaurant/eatery/pub in or near Bexhill?
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CHAPPERS View Post
      Is there such thing as a good restaurant/eatery/pub in or near Bexhill?
      Mate of mine who lived in Bexhill until recently always rated this place in Hastings http://www.thaicafeandbookshop.com/
      She’s the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Normski1989 View Post
      Also interested in this, as my better half wants to go there for Valentines Day.
      Valentine's Schmalentines. If you were any sort of romantic, you'd be taking her to Albion v Ipswich. You can always treat her to a pie & pint deal if she's a true keeper.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Tudor Close - Ferring

Have always liked the Tudor Close, went a week ago. A nice pub/restaurant in the heart of Ferring village.

Had fish and chips, which is served in a large frying pan and it was good.

7/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      Valentine's Schmalentines. If you were any sort of romantic, you'd be taking her to Albion v Ipswich. You can always treat her to a pie & pint deal if she's a true keeper.
      Sorry... although I said Valentines Day, I meant the weekend before or after Valentines Day. She knows I have a date with the Albion on the 14th.
      Took me years to realise that I spent my youth standing next to Steve Foster every week watching Sunday league football. Oops!
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      One of my favourite threads each year and it seems to be sinking !

Been out and about with kids and Mrs W.

The Neville
      Great pub which on s Sunday does a great roast dinner. Been there twice recently - once for a roast and one for their hot slab steaks - can't fault either. It's not top notch nosh but for pub food it's up there with the best. 8/10

Galileos
      As always decent food at a reasonable price. Warm wlecome and great service as usual. One of the Albion shareholders was in the last night I went as well. 8/10

Browns
      Hadn't been for nearly 10 years - won't be going back !!!! Menu is very cut back from the last time I was there, over priced and their pork belly was no more than sloppy fat. The manager didn't seem to are either. 2/10.

New Steine Bistro
      Been here a number of times over the years - normally via Groupon. Food was OK but has gone down hill. Has to ask three times for bread and the first time we chased our bread order the waitress was very dismissive saying 'you're on a Groupon and the bread is extra' - think I can afford a couple of quid love !!!! I'm always wary when a place uses pre-packaged butter packs as well. Service was slow through out the evening - despite there only being 6 people eating in total and 3 waiting staff. Guinea Fowl was pretty good though. Got to dessert and ordered two different ones - both off the menu - waitress hadn't bothered to tell us when giving us the menu and there were only six options anyway. Poor, poor, poor. Food - 7/10, service 1/10.
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Since1982 View Post
      Lunch today at Ockenden Manor in Cuckfield. Lovely meal, not cheap but good value although wine list is silly expensive.
      Love Ockenden Manor. Going there for Mrs W's birthday this year as it's been a while since we've been. If you like Ockenden then try Bailiffs Court in Climping. Go there regularly and I think the food is just that little bit better.
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Normski1989 View Post
      Sorry... although I said Valentines Day, I meant the weekend before or after Valentines Day. She knows I have a date with the Albion on the 14th.
      Valentine's day is a crock of s***t anyway. If you really love your wife/partner/significant other half, why do you have to take her out on a specific day that society tells you to?

Do it on a date to suit you. The bill will probably be cheaper too.