Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2017

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Has anybody eaten at OM a Nepalese Restaurant in Worthing if so any reports of good bad or indifferent.

Yes pretty good. Interesting Napalese menu as well as usual Indian stuff

Went to The Urchin on Belfast St in Hove (used to be the Bell) on Sunday for the wife's birthday. Menu 100% shellfish and v big on craft beer. really well done food. Between the four of us we had salt and pepper squid, oysters, and prawn and scallop ceviche to start; mains were whole crab with garlic butter, whole lobster, Malaysian prawns, and chilli and dill mussels. Almost everything was really well done and a pint of Bibble from the Wild Beer Co. was excellent.

It is a proper pub with a dining area rather than a restaurant pretending to be a pub and has a nice courtyard garden so a good place to just have a beer and a snack.

Well worth a visit - only potential issue was that the service was incredibly slow - it was a Sunday afternoon and we were not in a rush so no huge problem but we had to miss pud because our two hour parking ticket had expired.

Love The Urchin but my new missus is allergic to shellfish... it could be a deal breaker if I'm honest

I'm afraid not. That delight is from my Sunday night haunt herE called The Bird. That and a couple of Brooklyn EIPAS is a lovely way to end my weekend.

Woods is the Worthing burger joint?

I might need some Berlin tips as off in 2 weeks for a family trip!

Jul 7, 2003
Woods is the Worthing burger joint?

Don't bother mate - burgers are nothing special. Anywhere that serves 3oz patties has no confidence in the quality and taste off their meat. Chicken waffle sandwich is good though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Woods, Worthing:

Finally made it, starters of crispy squid, two portions and massive, one would have sufficed. Reasonable, tasty but not crispy.

Burgers huge but as stated 2 x 3 oz, well cooked had blue cheese with bacon and a mushroom, Mrs Hut Wodds cheeseburger. They were good but no wow factor and one huge portion of chips topped with cheese and bacon.

Decent bottle of red, 7 out of 10

Jul 7, 2003
Visited the Verandah café in Goring this morning for breakfast. Had the English breakfast at £5.95 which was two eggs (poached), two bacon, one sausage, beans and black pudding (I had the BP to replace grilled tomatoe) plus toast. Tea was extra.

Very nice breakfast with good quality ingredients all round. The food was well presented and not a hint of grease on the plate. They also do a full veggie breakfast which looked good.

Would definitely visit again.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No one eating out any more ?

I found myself with an hour to spare in Brighton tonight so went to the excellent pub The Pond to try their roast meat Bao. Priced at £14 it consisted of 4 Bao buns, roast chicken, beef & pork meats complete with lettuce and 8 different condiments and toppings.

Big fan of Bao and have had it at some very good restaurants in London. Enjoyed it here with a Brighton Bier or 2.. the beef was a bit too rare and stringy unfortunately but was a bit different for a Sunday to the usual roasts.

7/10. Plus mark for the bar staff who are very attentive too. Apparently my order got lost not that I noticed so they got me another beer on the house !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyone been to Slate in Shoreham yet ?

Opened a couple of weeks ago

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Crab Shack Worthing. Went on Friday. We had Fish Stew and Dressed Crab. Very good

Thanks for that, on the to do list

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Slate haven't been but friends went 2 nights ago,they said it was decent
went to aqua in Worthing last week,very good service and food,the braised p�� cheeks were to die for

Jul 7, 2003
As we are playing catch up, went to Café Rouge at the Marina a couple of weeks ago for a work event. It was a Thursday night and several items were off the menu. I have the Sirloin steak frites with the beef dripping merlot gravy. The steak was cooked okay but no great flavour - seemed a little under seasoned - and the gravy was thin and added nothing. Very nice Lemon Tart for pudding.

Went in with average expectations and they were not met. Only good thing was that I was not paying the bill.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As we are playing catch up, went to Café Rouge at the Marina a couple of weeks ago for a work event. It was a Thursday night and several items were off the menu. I have the Sirloin steak frites with the beef dripping merlot gravy. The steak was cooked okay but no great flavour - seemed a little under seasoned - and the gravy was thin and added nothing. Very nice Lemon Tart for pudding.

Went in with average expectations and they were not met. Only good thing was that I was not paying the bill.

Went to Cafe Rouge in H Heath on Saturday. Very similar. Won’t be rushing back. Service was particularly crap even though it wasn’t busy. Rib-eye with garlic snails was nice though to be fair.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Alright everyone?

Looking for an overnight stay with a decent food offering within about 1.5 hours of Brighton. Looking here: http://www.thewellingtonarms.com/ but it's pretty keenly priced for the accommodation

Done Ockenden Manor (which I only thought was okay tbh)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Alright everyone?

Looking for an overnight stay with a decent food offering within about 1.5 hours of Brighton. Looking here: http://www.thewellingtonarms.com/ but it's pretty keenly priced for the accommodation

South Lodge at Lower Beeding with it's two award winning restaurants, the Camellia and The Pass? Superb luxury accommodation too. All at a price to match of course.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Alright everyone?

South Lodge and eat at The Pass if you want it all under one roof >>> https://www.exclusive.co.uk/south-lodge

I spent some time in Tunbridge Wells yesterday and I thought at the time it would make a good night away destination. I was here: https://www.onewarwickpark.co.uk/ - seemed a very nice place to stay - and there's plenty of decent food options nearby in town.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah South Lodge is a good shout. It's incredibly hard to find good value for something like this, which makes the Ockenden Sunday night offer remarkable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here