Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant 2017

0 Not allowed!
    Chambers - Shoreham-by-Sea

After the weird experience of WSL an evening meal, starters Portuguese mussels in white wine sauce and garlic bread which were all small however very tasty and mains of pork belly, succulent and with green mash and leeks. Mrs had the scallops and Guinea fowl which was declared excellent.

A tad expensive in my view but worth a visit.
    I surrender all control
    To the desire that consumes me whole
    Leads me by the hand to infinity
    Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Finally made it down to Silo for a spot of breakfast on Satuday.

Had coddled egg, blood pudding and kimchi and a cappucino. Was very impressed by this and left feeling like I'd eaten some proper food, as opposed to most breakfasts in town that leaving you feeling nasty. The coffee was proper and put a right spring in my step. Worth a go.

The missus had a hot chocolate which also happened to be extremely tasty, and actually tasted of chocolate.

8/10 will go for their dinner next time.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm

0 Not allowed!
      Counter Culture - Cla'am Common,

An offshoot from The Dairy, a 15-seat counter based restaurant with two staff - a very OTT & funny front of house Irish woman named Coco ("I don't have an off switch; only a 'go faster' one") and a 20-something Canadian chef named JoJo. He has a kitchen area about the same size as a downstairs loo, containing a fridge; two induction rings, one of which is permanently taken by a stockpot; a water bath set at 95; and a very small oven. He does also have a large downstairs prep area - but he never went to it during service. Astonishing.

It's a kind of tapas-based eating experience, but with modern British food. "Here's the menu, have one of everything - it's perfect for two" guffawed Coco above the hiphop playing in the foreground.

We had:

Sour potato flatbread, nduja paste and cultured cream
      A plate of two different salamis
      Roast cauliflower with coronation topping and flaked almonds
      Ox heart pastrami and fennel kimchi
      Pumpkin pasta, cavalo nero and chestnut sauce
      Sous vide cod, squid ink emulsion and furikake
      venison bao
      Bergamot mousse, liquorice jelly, almond

A couple of bottles of nice things that I took - it's BYOB-friendly, though they do have a list of about 4 whites and 4 reds.

The dishes are between 4 and 8.50 each.

Really excellent food, with each one having at least one technique that must have taken days to prepare. Buzzy (not a place for a romantic tete a tete), fun and high-end cooking. Will never get a star, but should do.

Oh - he prepares everything: bread - homemade; nduja paste - homemade, taking 10 days starting from belly pork; bao buns - homemade; kimchi - homemade... ridiculous.

Definitely worth a visit.
      6EQUJ5 2A

0 Not allowed!
      Went to the brand new Caribbean restaurant - Bus Stop at the weekend and thought it was pretty good.

Full review here: http://foodieeshe.com/review-bus-sto...an-restaurant/

Go for Danny's Pork Chop if you try it out - it's huge and tastes unbelievable.

Summary: Good value for money, lots of tempting options on the menu, very generous portions and service is friendly.
      Keep your friends close and your snacks closer
      Members The Maharajah of Sydney's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by lawros left foot View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      For those on here who have enjoyed the Crescent Road restaurant in Worthing, the bad news is that Zac and Nicole are in the process of selling up and are emigrating to Australia.
      Oh I dunno, sounds like damn good news to me...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Had another very good roast at the Gun Inn in Findon today. It's a lovely pub and the food has always been of a high quality since the current owners have been there (5+years?) husband wife team, with the chef having worked in some top London restaurants.

Firstly it's not cheap, 14-17 depending on the meat, but portions are very good and high quality locally sourced ingredients and meat.

I had the Pork Belly, crackling was perfectly done and served with 3 big roast potatoes. Healthy sized plates of veg split between the table.

Others had roast beef which was nice and rare, and the home made yorkshires looked incredible.

Kids portions all 5.50 with ice cream for dessert which is exceptional value.

We even had their private dining room as a party of 10 which is nice because it's out of the way so with kids can make a bit of noise. Good selection of beers and ales to. Free house but usually has a couple of Ringwood beers, some interesting lagers, Kozel and Marstons Stout.

8/10
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Lunch today at Ockenden Manor in Cuckfield. Lovely meal, not cheap but good value although wine list is silly expensive.

0 Not allowed!
      Anybody been to Skyfall in Hove ?

If so post a review please
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !

0 Not allowed!
      Makara on Church Road.

Utterly phenomenal value. Delicious eastern med grub. I can't recommend it highly enough.
      100% UNOFFICIAL WHC Statistician
      100% Honey Badgerista

0 Not allowed!
      Visited Ephesus on Preston Street last week. Having been to the sister restaurant in Worthing, the menu is the same (although a few dishes were crossed off). Went as part of a group of ten and everyone enjoyed the food as something a bit different and also fair value for money. Service was quick and efficient.
      Shes the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like Im just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki