Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2017

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Had another bang on curry at Eastern Eye last week, the place was basically full on a Wednesday in January, which says something. I think Raj Pavilion are currently closed and losing a lot of their business to this place, not sure they'll recover really.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Anybody been to Skyfall in Hove ?

If so post a review please

Also interested in this, as my better half wants to go there for Valentines Day.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also interested in this, as my better half wants to go there for Valentines Day.

Valentine's Schmalentines. If you were any sort of romantic, you'd be taking her to Albion v Ipswich. You can always treat her to a pie & pint deal if she's a true keeper.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Tudor Close - Ferring

Have always liked the Tudor Close, went a week ago. A nice pub/restaurant in the heart of Ferring village.

Had fish and chips, which is served in a large frying pan and it was good.

7/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Valentine's Schmalentines. If you were any sort of romantic, you'd be taking her to Albion v Ipswich. You can always treat her to a pie & pint deal if she's a true keeper.

Sorry... although I said Valentines Day, I meant the weekend before or after Valentines Day. She knows I have a date with the Albion on the 14th.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
One of my favourite threads each year and it seems to be sinking !

Been out and about with kids and Mrs W.

The Neville
Great pub which on s Sunday does a great roast dinner. Been there twice recently - once for a roast and one for their hot slab steaks - can't fault either. It's not top notch nosh but for pub food it's up there with the best. 8/10

Galileos
As always decent food at a reasonable price. Warm wlecome and great service as usual. One of the Albion shareholders was in the last night I went as well. 8/10

Browns
Hadn't been for nearly 10 years - won't be going back !!!! Menu is very cut back from the last time I was there, over priced and their pork belly was no more than sloppy fat. The manager didn't seem to are either. 2/10.

New Steine Bistro
Been here a number of times over the years - normally via Groupon. Food was OK but has gone down hill. Has to ask three times for bread and the first time we chased our bread order the waitress was very dismissive saying 'you're on a Groupon and the bread is extra' - think I can afford a couple of quid love !!!! I'm always wary when a place uses pre-packaged butter packs as well. Service was slow through out the evening - despite there only being 6 people eating in total and 3 waiting staff. Guinea Fowl was pretty good though. Got to dessert and ordered two different ones - both off the menu - waitress hadn't bothered to tell us when giving us the menu and there were only six options anyway. Poor, poor, poor. Food - 7/10, service 1/10.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Lunch today at Ockenden Manor in Cuckfield. Lovely meal, not cheap but good value although wine list is silly expensive.

Love Ockenden Manor. Going there for Mrs W's birthday this year as it's been a while since we've been. If you like Ockenden then try Bailiffs Court in Climping. Go there regularly and I think the food is just that little bit better.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sorry... although I said Valentines Day, I meant the weekend before or after Valentines Day. She knows I have a date with the Albion on the 14th.

Valentine's day is a crock of s***t anyway. If you really love your wife/partner/significant other half, why do you have to take her out on a specific day that society tells you to?

Do it on a date to suit you. The bill will probably be cheaper too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Valentine's day is a crock of s***t anyway. If you really love your wife/partner/significant other half, why do you have to take her out on a specific day that society tells you to?

Do it on a date to suit you. The bill will probably be cheaper too.

Bit harsh.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
I'm with Food Eshe here. Tried Bus Stop last night.
Simple menu but huge portions very well cooked.
Service with a smile, great rum cocktails.
Fish goujons, jerk chicken, plantain, slaw, fries, salad.
The only odd thing was salad dressing was fiery.
This is just the sort of place I like to visit. Hope they thrive.
Nice surprise to see my rasta mate Hilton working there too.
Way too stuffed to try a pudding.
8.5/10 from me. 9/10 from Mrs Biffer.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Bit harsh.

Harsh but true. Nothing worse than a 'special menu' where they cut down the choice and think they can increase the price because they throw in a cheap glass of 'bubbles' (Cava / Asti) and / or thrown in a rose for the lady.

Only one place to spend valentines this year - the Amex!

Foodie Eshe

Apr 28, 2016
Hassocks
I'm with Food Eshe here. Tried Bus Stop last night.
Simple menu but huge portions very well cooked.
Service with a smile, great rum cocktails.
Fish goujons, jerk chicken, plantain, slaw, fries, salad.
The only odd thing was salad dressing was fiery.
This is just the sort of place I like to visit. Hope they thrive.
Nice surprise to see my rasta mate Hilton working there too.
Way too stuffed to try a pudding.
8.5/10 from me. 9/10 from Mrs Biffer.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Really glad you enjoyed it. I'm itching to get back there. Keep hearing good things from everyone who visits.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Harsh but true. Nothing worse than a 'special menu' where they cut down the choice and think they can increase the price because they throw in a cheap glass of 'bubbles' (Cava / Asti) and / or thrown in a rose for the lady.

Only one place to spend valentines this year - the Amex!

Plan your Valentines meal a week a head to avoid the massive charges on the day plus the extra tables and inexperienced temporary staff

I totally get where you're coming from but I rarely take the Frau to a restaurant where they have the nonsense you describe. I like to go out to place which operate a normal evening.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I have heard it all now take someone out a week before valentines day because its cheaper. Thats like a viz top tip

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Om - Worthing

Nice little curry house, Nepal styled - had prawn starter and mains of lamb tikka masala

Very agreeable and excellent onion bhajees

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here