Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Istanbul 2017 - so it begins

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The Old Testament contains plenty of horrors and its’s deity is a total psychopath. I think that as human beings the majority of us have the sense to edit out the most negative elements over time periodically resurrecting them, as is the case in Islam, which currently represents the greatest actual threat to us. The last point would probably have applied to medieval Christianity which seemed to place very little emphasis on forgiveness.

It does annoy me that the media bends over backwards to pretend that religion plays no part in the acts of terror we see but there is a difference between being critical about Islam and judging all Muslims; and this is a distinction that too many on the right fail to make which makes a measured discussion impossible.

Wouldn’t it be great if we could just learn to get rid of our imaginary friends in childhood.

This is rubbish. New testoment abrogates the old testemant as thats what christianity is. The contradictions in the koran work the same way, where the later violent stuff abrogates the peaceful stuff.

Most of the right do make distinctions when it comes to violence, ive yet to here any say all muslims are violent, you seem to have a problem with comprehension as both examples in your post show.

If you want a generalisation then it is that islamt is geared in such a way that its devout followers hunger for conquest. Terrorism, preying on women to despoil or convert and marry while threatening their own with honour killings, selling sacrificial meat via sharia law, not selling land to non beleivers, high birth rates etc are all manifestations of this.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
They were invited by the Afghan government, and fought alongside the Afghan government.

Is there something you know that everyone else doesn't? How many invited guests turn up and kill the host?

" Deteriorating relations and worsening rebellions led the Soviet government, under leader Leonid Brezhnev, to deploy the 40th Army on December 24, 1979.[32] Arriving in the capital Kabul, they staged a coup,[33] killing president Amin and installing Soviet loyalist Babrak Karmal from a rival faction.[31]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet–Afghan_War

But congrats, youve got the weasalish BBC-speak nailed perfectly Got any other fake news for us all?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Is there something you know that everyone else doesn't? How many invited guests turn up and kill the host?

" Deteriorating relations and worsening rebellions led the Soviet government, under leader Leonid Brezhnev, to deploy the 40th Army on December 24, 1979.[32] Arriving in the capital Kabul, they staged a coup,[33] killing president Amin and installing Soviet loyalist Babrak Karmal from a rival faction.[31]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet–Afghan_War

But congrats, youve got the weasalish BBC-speak nailed perfectly Got any other fake news for us all?

They engineered the coup against the Afghan leader of the time, who was installed by a previous coup, who was a bit OTT. Nice cherry picking of wiki though :thumbsup:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
They engineered the coup against the Afghan leader of the time, who was installed by a previous coup, who was a bit OTT. Nice cherry picking of wiki though :thumbsup:

Its a direct relevant quote, if you have a more acurate source or a dictionary definition where invited means show up unanounced and murder the host then provide some links.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Its a direct relevant quote, if you have a more acurate source or a dictionary definition where invited means show up unanounced and murder the host then provide some links.

I don't think you'll be getting an answer anytime soon :D

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

You missed the part where the Soviets were asked to help for 2 years before they actually got involved.
You will find it in the link you provided. No need to thank me.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You missed the part where the Soviets were asked to help for 2 years before they actually got involved.
You will find it in the link you provided. No need to thank me.

Why would I thank you? 2 yearsearlier is 2 years before the guests rolled up and murdered the host, something you beleive they were invited to oo as they went to the party 2 years earlier, keep digging.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I have an original picture of the last terror attack in Turkey where the Russian ambassador was shot, fact checked to Dave in Prague standards.

robbie.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here