Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Istanbul 2017 - so it begins

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can't see anything changing, too many disaffected people who are willing to kill and die in the act themselves. There is no hope of negotiation with these people, they have no demands, they do it simply as a response to previous injustices and therefore " This is because of......." it's not a solution for them either, it just keeps the wheels of revenge constantly turning. No single religion can stop this or indeed cause it as there is too much hatred stored up already across numerous religions and factions.

If there is intelligent life in space and they came here they would probably shake their ( Numerous ? ) heads in despair.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Now 39 dead and 69 injured and even more publicity around the world. I would expect tourist mumbers to fall given the continuing violence in Turkey which is presumably one of the terrorists aims.

Sad news

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
We also have the two suicide bombings in Bagdad.25 killed. They've had 14 years of this.

Just 14 years ? These savages have been butchering and murdering each other in the name of their religion for considerably longer than that.

Am I allowed to speak the truth today ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just 14 years ? These savages have been butchering and murdering each other in the name of their religion for considerably longer than that.

Am I allowed to speak the truth today ?

Historically the west cannot take the moral high ground but especially if you are speaking up in defense of Bush and Blair don’t bother. I fully understand the problems in Islam but that doesn’t mean that I won’t critisise our own governments and foreign policies.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Historically the west cannot take the moral high ground but especially if you are speaking up in defense of Bush and Blair don’t bother. I fully understand the problems in Islam but that doesn’t mean that I won’t critisise our own governments and foreign policies.
Agreed, but will you also criticise Russia's foreign policy, or are they innocent in your eyes?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

I don't recall mentioning Bush or Blair and I have never mentioned them in any post on any part of this forum. It wouldn't have mattered if Mother Theresa had been in control of the West, these savages would still have been butchering and murdering each other in the name of their religion.

They always have done and sadly they always will do.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Erdogan has supported Islamism wherever he can, be in his own nation or abroad and now Turkey is going to have a problem on two fronts the Kurdish separatists and Islamism. Turkey is growing more religious by the day Kemal Ataturk vision of secularism is being destroyed by Erdogan and the Turkish people will suffer because of it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Attachments

• Putin Chess.jpg
    Putin Chess.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 281

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I don't recall mentioning Bush or Blair and I have never mentioned them in any post on any part of this forum. It wouldn't have mattered if Mother Theresa had been in control of the West, these savages would still have been butchering and murdering each other in the name of their religion.

They always have done and sadly they always will do.

They should all convert to Christianity, nobody has ever done anything horrendous in the name of that God.

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
Agreed, but will you also criticise Russia's foreign policy, or are they innocent in your eyes?

Russia are backing a brutal secular dictator.we are backing the side that the Saudis want to win.there is no black or white in this war but if the side we are backing win then the consequences may be even worse than the awful situation already being played out in that tragic part of the world

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
In response to another entry " I wonder if I'm allowed to speak the truth today?" So here's my truth - I was brought up in Surrey and then Brighton in the seventies during the IRA crisis. We lived with the idea of bombs going off anytime anywhere. There were no watsepaper bins because they were potential places for bombs. Who doesn't remember the Grand Hotel bombing? I was about 500 metres away when that happened. And even though we were still too young to perhaps to understand the ramifications we were aware that the press of a button anytime anywhere could mean the end of the world.

I am now living in Turkey... not Istanbul but Izmir and i travel there and elsewhere in Turkey regularly. I do not espouse the government's positions and am concerned about the way this country is going. However do I feel any less safe than I did in Brighton in the seventies? Not at all. I felt it when of the bombs went off in October In Istanbul, I was about 400 metres away. Still I don't feel less safe and i don't think I would feel any safer in Warsaw at the moment, or marseille or even New York.

That's my truth and I am here where it' s happening.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here