Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jools's Annual Hootenanny 2016

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
......and Seasick Steve thrashing his homemade guitars at 75 or so. :thumbsup:

I like Seasick Steve but his back story is somewhat manufactured. He's also added ten years to his age. Apparently he's only 65
https://www.theguardian.com/music/m...asick-steve-session-musician-ramblin-man-book
!1.jpg

Last edited:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Totally agree, we watched it last night as we do pretty much every year.

Happy New Year to you from both myself and Her indoors :thumbsup:

Ditto Sir!! Yep really enjoyed it, missed the last few or so. Happy New Year to you two

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Er, yes he sounded great in The Move in the sixties and seventies particularly on my favourites, Brontosaurus and California Man. Sounded great on Mustard and his solo work and his subsequent work with Wizzard, The Rock and Roll Band and beyond. I went to see Status Quo at The Centre in 2011 just to finally catch up with one of my heroes and Roy didn't disappoint. Granted his daughter took some of the higher parts (but let's face it they are very high) but the the man still rocks.

I saw him in Worthing last month and you're right - he still rocks.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I'm sorry I missed Seasick Steve but nobody else on the show (as far as I am aware) appealed to me. I stopped watching Jools' Hootenany after I read that it was ,in fact, recorded some time in the Autumn. All that stuff about the New Year and the countdown to midnight would be totally false.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Imelda May what a fantastic performance

The highlight of a very entertaining show.
Really liked them all, good to see Roy Wood still doing his thing, loved Porters Sunny, Rag and Bone is very talented, Chaka Khan was as brilliant as ever, ABC sounded the same as they did all those years ago.
Jools and his band is loaded with magnificent musicians and singers. Saw them at the Looe music festival 2 years ago and it was a good night out.
Not one weak link on the show.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Who was it who did the cover of Black Betty? That was embarrassingly awful.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Saw Jools in Brighton in December . Was outstanding best keyboard player and usual guest Ruby Turner was very good

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
And whether you like his high vocals or not, Roy Woods voice is pretty good for a 69 year old

I saw him in Worthing last month and you're right - he still rocks.

Can't believe my luck. Noticed at the weekend that Roy Wood and his Rock and Roll Band are playing the Theatre Royal this Sunday. Seats still available in the stalls so jumped in and nabbed a couple. Can't wait!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Can't believe my luck. Noticed at the weekend that Roy Wood and his Rock and Roll Band are playing the Theatre Royal this Sunday. Seats still available in the stalls so jumped in and nabbed a couple. Can't wait!!

Got seats in the stalls as a result of your post thanks :thumbsup:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Got seats in the stalls as a result of your post thanks :thumbsup:

You're welcome - probably in the same row - presume I'll know you by your Avatar picture!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here