Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Dunk deliberately get a card at Fulham?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
We don't know that he's 'won' at this stage. Only IF we don't drop points at Preston can it be even considered as a win, and even then, events during his potential 3 match ban later on, might have us re-evaluating things.

On a weighing up of things in general and a % basis, he did the correct thing imho.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
On a weighing up of things in general and a % basis, he did the correct thing imho.

Quite possibly, yes, but you're looking at probability, not actual events (to come).

We lose 1-0 at Preston, to a 90th minute headed goal, then celebrating Dunk 'beating the system' will look more than a little bit stupid.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Quite possibly, yes, but you're looking at probability, not actual events (to come).

We lose 1-0 at Preston, to a 90th minute headed goal, then celebrating Dunk 'beating the system' will look more than a little bit stupid.

Ok. :thumbsup: If my Granny had a scrotum she'd be my Grandpops.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We don't know that he's 'won' at this stage. Only IF we don't drop points at Preston can it be even considered as a win, and even then, events during his potential 3 match ban later on, might have us re-evaluating things.
You're being unreasonably picky.

On balance, he successfully picked up a ban (without a red) during an FA Cup game and one league game against a team highly unlikely to threaten our top 2 place. At this stage, that's a win.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

But isn't the probability of that less than losing to Cardiff or Huddersfield by the same way?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
But isn't the probability of that less than losing to Cardiff or Huddersfield by the same way?

Given that Preston's current front two of Makeniok and Hugill are MASSIVE, and rely solely on balls lumped in the air, no.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Given that Preston's current front two of Makeniok and Hugill are MASSIVE, and rely solely on balls lumped in the air, no.

Fair point. But a team isn't just two players and I would fear against Cardiff and Hudd more because of their playing ability than
a team of hit and hopers.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Fair point. But a team isn't just two players and I would fear against Cardiff and Hudd more because of their playing ability than
a team of hit and hopers.

And you are PROBABLY right to, as well. Fingers crossed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's get into the spirit of it and express sadness Dunk is suspended for the big FA Cup game vs MK.

:nono:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I may be in a minority but I think the tactic was wrong here.

As discussed on other threads, for me the key thing is to avoid the 15 yellow 3 game ban, which could be during the final run in. Dunk is now 1 yellow closer to that nightmare.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I didn't like what happened, legal but not ethical. If a Palace player did that he'd be crucified on here

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I didn't like what happened, legal but not ethical. If a Palace player did that he'd be crucified on here

Agreed but its the rules that are wrong not the sensible actions of the player/club. League yellows/reds should only count for league game suspensions. Simple. Then you wouldn't have this kind of widespread abuse of the system.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I think its possible that he may be able to go the 14 games without picking up 5 more yellows. He seems to have managed this quite well since the Cardiff game.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I think its possible that he may be able to go the 14 games without picking up 5 more yellows. He seems to have managed this quite well since the Cardiff game.

The '14 more' league games takes us up to the TEN CARD cut-off!

To avoid a three match ban he needs to go to the end of the season with a maximum of 4 more yellows...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Except the 15 game cutoff is end of the season. There will be 21 games left after PNE.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

As discussed on other threads, for me the key thing is to avoid the 15 yellow 3 game ban, which could be during the final run in. Dunk is now 1 yellow closer to that nightmare.

He should be well rested for the play-offs then ;)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Dunk should grow up and not get another card!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here