Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's only bloody clearing up.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have just been reading quite a lot of what our roving reporter OP puts on virtually daily on a local web site / paper, interestingly he gets no replies whatsoever on his virtual daily scoops, must be why he comes on here and spouts a load of crap just to get some reaction :lol:

To be fair, everyone who starts a post on here probably does so in the (possibly misguided) belief that they have something to say that others might find interesting. . . . . . That aside, you are a mod so you know who he is, and you should be careful to not blow his cover . . . . . :wrong::whistle::lolol:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I have just been reading quite a lot of what our roving reporter OP puts on virtually daily on a local web site / paper, interestingly he gets no replies whatsoever on his virtual daily scoops, must be why he comes on here and spouts a load of crap just to get some reaction :lol:

So, just ban him from starting new threads then.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Got some good quotes now sadly not worth so much .

I'm fairly sure that very little, if anything you have said, or are going to say, or going to/have committed to print is worth much.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Just checked. Solid ceiling!

Remember reading when you said you were taking a half day and driving down from Liverpool. Really feel for you. I was annoyed enough coming from T Wells, obeyed the exhortation to arrive early because of Southern Fail and P&R getting full quickly so got to Mithras House just before 6, called off a couple of minutes after I got here. Had all been normal I would have heard the match had been cancelled before I left home. Sadly can't do much about the weather, the pics look afwul, just can do without some **** posting thoughtless bulls**t about it

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Remember reading when you said you were taking a half day and driving down from Liverpool. Really feel for you. I was annoyed enough coming from T Wells, obeyed the exhortation to arrive early because of Southern Fail and P&R getting full quickly so got to Mithras House just before 6, called off a couple of minutes after I got here. Had all been normal I would have heard the match had been cancelled before I left home. Sadly can't do much about the weather, the pics look afwul, just can do without some **** posting thoughtless bulls**t about it

I can't get to another home game until Burton on 11th Feb now either. Oh well ho hum!

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Indeed, feel for long distance travellers tonight, including away fans.

50 mile drive to the Amex from Petersfield, parked in Uni, just reached the bandstand when game was called off. Hundred mile round-trip to end up watching Hull v Everton on the box at home... (and arrived back too late for the first goal of that game)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
50 mile drive to the Amex from Petersfield, parked in Uni, just reached the bandstand when game was called off. Hundred mile round-trip to end up watching Hull v Everton on the box at home... (and arrived back too late for the first goal of that game)

Every sympathy for you. Only happened to me once to any great degree, a few years back arrived at Blackburn to be told 'it is a bit moist on the pitch, and we cannot play'. Glad you got back safely :thumbsup:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Did that drive myself last night. Was driving past the amex when heard the news. Hugely disappointed and angry at the time, calmed down by the time reading was called off. Sanguine this morning. Didn't need to be goaded last night however.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Correcting my post last night - it was 2 hours 10 minutes each way. We took the 'scenic' route, stopping for pre match nosh at Ringmer. I was surprised how sanguine Mrs T was about the postponement (perhaps the prospect of sitting in the mist had limited appeal). . . . . . but we had had a nice afternoon and mooch, so . . .

I remember some folk on here making the long journey to Macclesfield a few years ago, only for the Moss Rose grandstand roof to blow off before the KO. At least we now play in a league whose teams are not one puff of wind away from Health and Safety embarrassment.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here