Brighton v Cardiff

Sky Bet Championship

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Friday 30th December 2016
Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Assistants: John Flynn, Matt Foley
Fourth official: Darren Deadman

Championship leaders Brighton, who are unbeaten in 17 games, remain without suspended winger Kazenga LuaLua.

On-loan defender Sebastien Pocognoli will also miss the visit of Cardiff with a slight knock.

Sol Bamba is available to Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock for selection after the centre-back missed the last three matches because of suspension.

Jazz Richards (calf) is closing in on a return, but fellow full-back Lee Peltier (thigh) is out.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Five of the last six league meetings between these two teams in Brighton have ended level, with Cardiff winning the other.
    [*=left]Cardiff haven't lost a league game away at Brighton since January 2002, when Bobby Zamora netted the winner for the Seagulls.
    [*=left]The Seagulls are unbeaten in their last 17 league games (W13 D4); they last went 18 without defeat earlier this season back in August [excluding play-off matches].
    [*=left]The Bluebirds are winless in their last four away league games, drawing two and losing two.

The Big Match Preview: Spotlight on Cardiff City

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
703.png
cardiff-city-crest-151637-2710679.jpg

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's a cold, depressing day in town. Neither Christmas nor New Years Eve and it is just dull. I hope the team are a lot more enthusiastic about tonight than I am. More excited about Fulham than Cardiff. Once the Amex comes into view I expect to perk up though. Another full house with those around me watching the game via their phone camera.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Our record against Cardiff is grim and Warnock will doubtless bring his own brand of charmless anti-football to The Amex. I've a nasty feeling we could be in for a bit of a bore draw.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looking at those match facts, it looks as if we're due a win against Cardiff at home. Here's hoping Glenn can do a Teddy Maybank on them!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
No red card from the ref this season. Hopefully he doesn't have the lino from the Dongs game.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Colin will park the bus but Knockaert will open them up like a tin of sardines.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It's a cold, depressing day in town. Neither Christmas nor New Years Eve and it is just dull. I hope the team are a lot more enthusiastic about tonight than I am. More excited about Fulham than Cardiff. Once the Amex comes into view I expect to perk up though. Another full house with those around me watching the game via their phone camera.

Hopefully we will be able to see The Amex through the fog!

What is the visibility like up there?
Is there any chance of the game not being on?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here