Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff’s tactics under Warnock tonight

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Early goal needed tonight! Get that, and we can control the game, ala QPR :albion2:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
try and take out/double up on our players (particularly Knockhart) at every opportunity.
Every time AK has the ball around the half way line he is surrounded by three oppo players. A pass back will take out these players but he insists on beating the players instead. Fails more often than not.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whether you understand it or not, teams have ensured they add an extra man whenever Knockaert gets into an advanced wide position. It doesn't always work, as Knockaert will try to go between them. If it does work, there will at least temporarily be extra space on the other wing, but I'd imagine the key to using it would be how quickly we switch play.

This is where Norwood could do some real damage with his passing range..........

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Never have understood this 'doubling up' theory.
The theory works when an opponent has a stand out player. It's not so good when the opponents are all good.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
down there they allowed Duffy to have time on the ball but shut down his pass to Dunk, leaving him to punt an aimless ball forward or carry it then lose it.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
I have this horrible feeling that they might sneak a smash and grab win tonight.

Hhmm, me too, almost a reverse of the battering that we took down there a couple of seasons ago and came away with a 0 - 2 win (Orlandi & Leo)

I just hope that the quality and confidence throughout the team will prevail AND WE SMASH THEM!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If they park the bus, I wonder if we're better with Skalak putting crosses in.

March probably needs a rest.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If they park the bus, I wonder if we're better with Skalak putting crosses in.

March probably needs a rest.

When Skalak came on the other day v QPR, the one thing he DIDN'T do was cross the ball - whenever he got the ball out wide he played in back to Bruno.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bamba to kick Murray every chance he can, just hope nobody gets injured and the ref strong enough to deal with any silly business

Games refereed by Chris Kavanagh in 2016/2017: 21 games, 76 yellow, 1 red

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here