Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Original Cardiff] Match off due to fog

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
These things happen, all part of life's rich tapestry.

Driving down and back from Manchester took 12 hours 30 mins as roadworks, fog and a few traffic accidents caused problems on the journey.

I'd persuaded Mrs EP to come to the match with me, and we set off at 11am with the intention of being in Brighton by 3:30pm, going for a nice meal and watching the match.

As it turned out arrived in the Amex car park at 5:30pm so too late to get into town. Walked to the Amex and went into Dick's Bar, which had no pies except steak, which is my least favourite.
Mrs EP had a couple of glasses of wine just in time for us to see the Sky headlines that match was called off.

Walked back to car and drove back home. Fog was marginally better on return journey, and we grabbed a sandwich and some giant chocolate buttons in a service station en route home #DateNight.

The one consolation was though it cost £12 to park at the Amex, it was much quicker leaving than normal, when it takes at least an hour. #Positives

It's fair to say I'm in the doghouse with the wife though.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wasted 130mile round trip for me too - still, got to see the folks and stayed over because so foggy before trek back this morning.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Was anyone murdered last night given the thickness of the fog? Someone always gets murdered when there's a pea-souper. Surprised didn't bump into Sherlock Holmes, it was that sort of weather.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Would it have been played now if kick off had remained 3.00pm? It was still foggy when I left at about 9.00am.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Match off due to fog

These things happen, all part of life's rich tapestry.

Driving down and back from Manchester took 12 hours 30 mins as roadworks, fog and a few traffic accidents caused problems on the journey.

I'd persuaded Mrs EP to come to the match with me, and we set off at 11am with the intention of being in Brighton by 3:30pm, going for a nice meal and watching the match.

As it turned out arrived in the Amex car park at 5:30pm so too late to get into town. Walked to the Amex and went into Dick's Bar, which had no pies except steak, which is my least favourite.
Mrs EP had a couple of glasses of wine just in time for us to see the Sky headlines that match was called off.

Walked back to car and drove back home. Fog was marginally better on return journey, and we grabbed a sandwich and some giant chocolate buttons in a service station en route home #DateNight.

The one consolation was though it cost £12 to park at the Amex, it was much quicker leaving than normal, when it takes at least an hour. #Positives

It's fair to say I'm in the doghouse with the wife though.

Bad luck all round.

I too am in the doghouse though it's more to do with leaving in the early afternoon to go drinking with a Cardiff mate and some of their finest, another friend who just happens to be a bad influence on me and vice versa and a first ever meeting with the legend that is [MENTION=21064]EasyTen[/MENTION]

Having left a pub full of Cardiff when the game was called off the sensible thing to do would have been to go home. Instead I managed two more pubs and a pool club, coming home "some time" after midnight.

This morning she said "good match?" In that tone of voice that suggested she knew it had been called off & there was no correct answer to her question.

At least Mrs EP got wine and chocolate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This morning she said "good match?" In that tone of voice that suggested she knew it had been called off & there was no correct answer to her question.

If it's that tone of voice I trust you were wearing a Kevlar vest when you got home.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Please no.

Google doesn't seem to think so?
f225043c412b751fe2a7d4fa9aee4513.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just on radio sussex earlier they said a lot of fog next week, particularly Tuesday.

It's on the national forecast...but a bit unclear where it will hit....or how long it will hang around...but I must admit the same thought crossed my mind as it did yours

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here