Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Huish Park

tweet-814920377465966592-2.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What a load of ****ing shit this is. Five and a half hour drive in the fog for it to be called off just as I get to the P&R. Hotel booked too. ****ing great. I assume this fog wasn't around earlier so they couldn't have given a warning the game was in doubt?

I feel for you. Must be really annoying.

Not a lot anyone could do really. I think you was right to drive down as impossible to call earlier on in the day, especially the time you would have had to leave. It's why I drove over from Hastings too. Got called off about 5 minutes after I'd parked up. I think throughout the day it was probably always 50/50 to be honest, but really is impossible to call too early with mist and fog, unlike with freezing conditions.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I feel for you. Must be really annoying.

Not a lot anyone could do really. I think you was right to drive down as impossible to call earlier on in the day, especially the time you would have had to leave. It's why I drove over from Hastings too. Got called off about 5 minutes after I'd parked up. I think throughout the day it was probably always 50/50 to be honest, but really is impossible to call too early with mist and fog, unlike with freezing conditions.

Nobody's fault just bloody annoying. It was a horrible drive today as well as there was far more traffic than I was expecting and I had to really rush to get here before the P&R filled up. I'll probably top the day off with a ticket from one of the many cameras I have been past today.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nobody's fault just bloody annoying. It was a horrible drive today as well as there was far more traffic than I was expecting and I had to really rush to get here before the P&R filled up. I'll probably top the day off with a ticket from one of the many cameras I have been past today.

Yep, just one of those things. Hats off to you for all the miles you put in on a regular basis :bowdown:

Safe journey back tomorrow.

S

smileyweb

The view from the ESL, just after 6pm, and it was getting worse...

WP_20161230_18_13_40_Pro_LI.jpg

WP_20161230_18_13_48_Pro_LI.jpg

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Just got home to non foggy Bristol after 5 hour round trip and would love to know how it is that Reading played and we didn't. Unscientifically, I would say it was foggier on the M4 near Madejski than at Mill Road. Was it a lot worse at Amex?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Just got home to non foggy Bristol after 5 hour round trip and would love to know how it is that Reading played and we didn't. Unscientifically, I would say it was foggier on the M4 near Madejski than at Mill Road. Was it a lot worse at Amex?

They didn't play for long though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

They started but match was abandoned at half time.

S

smileyweb

Reading's game was abandoned at HT..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Back in the UK for the first time in six years from Tasmania, and all ready for my first trip to the Amex only for the fog to scupper my plans. 17,000ish km is a long way to come for a postponement.☹️

Oh no. When do you fly back?

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Such a shame the match was postponed - I think we would have played a blinder...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here