Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Original Cardiff] Match off due to fog

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Extremely thick fog here in Newhaven and I gather it's pretty widespread. Fog forecast on the BBC website for Lewes tonight with Mist at Falmer. Any chance of the game being off?

I should declare an interest as I can't make it tonight :(

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mostly due to clear as they day goes on and not as much forecast tonight. I drove back from Devon to Sussex last night - was pretty murky in places.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Went out earlier for a jog down the path at the side of the Falmer road - at 7am the fog was ridiculous. I had about 2m visibility with my head torch on. I did wonder what sort of view I'd have from WSU tonight...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Woken up in Devon this morning and it's pretty murky now.

Was the same yesterday morning (mid Devon) - went out for a jog at first light and couldn't see 10 yards in places. Bloody freezing as well. It was patchy/on and off last night all the way home...........

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Drove back from Cobham last night and there was some really thick stuff on the way down the A23. Freezing out there – literally – this morning...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Drove up Wednesday to Evesham and missed that horrific crash north of Whitney by 30 minutes, lucky we stopped at services, it was very foggy to say the least.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Was the same yesterday morning (mid Devon) - went out for a jog at first light and couldn't see 10 yards in places. Bloody freezing as well. It was patchy/on and off last night all the way home...........

I think I'm in mid Devon now! Not sure. Just walked the dog through the fields an d I reckon I have gone through 5 temp changes!! From freezing fog to sunshine! Crazy but blooming beautiful

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Setting off nice and early today, about 1pm. Nothing going to stop me from attending this game so better plan for the inevitable road closures and train cancellations due to accidents and/or fog.

Proper Sherlock Homes weather.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Half day at work for me so leaving Liverpool at lunchtime. There had better be no nobody else on the road or there will be trouble.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Very, very quiet Weds and Thurs.........good luck

The M25 was anything but on Wednesday.

It took around 2 hours to get from the A24 to the M1 around lunchtime and the opposite direction looked similarly stuffed for most of that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The M25 was anything but on Wednesday.

It took around 2 hours to get from the A24 to the M1 around lunchtime and the opposite direction looked similarly stuffed for most of that.

As quiet as I have seen it by 6.30pm when we hit it, and the M3/A303 were deserted after that. Did the 200 mile run in under 3 hours. Lovely !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As quiet as I have seen it by 6.30pm when we hit it, and the M3/A303 were deserted after that. Did the 200 mile run in under 3 hours. Lovely !

If he's coming from Liverpool and on the M25 at 6:30 he might as well turn round again.

(Oh, and the M1 was no better when we got there either!)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Drive up to Shepherds Bush was a little murky in places this morning, but nowhere near as bad as they kept telling me before I left the house.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The forecast has got somewhat worse

Screenshot_2016-12-30-11-41-06.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here