Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another 'under the radar' report on the Albion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just read a comment from a QPR fan who claims that sky said, when we played them, that Bloom had spunked £250 million on the team. I don't think sky will have said that. It's the given perception when the investment is thrown about though.
I'd hazard a guess Sky said club, bloke heard it as team.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not saying we have, only that we seem to have had a shift in our approach to ffp.
What in particular makes you think there's been a shift - which signings etc?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've just read a comment from a QPR fan who claims that sky said, when we played them, that Bloom had spunked £250 million on the team. I don't think sky will have said that. It's the given perception when the investment is thrown about though.

I saw this reply to Luke Edwards' Telegraph article today. Many other fans don't seem to accept that we're doing well, because we're doing well.

@LukeEdwardsTele Brighton net debt £166m, wages to turnover 111% & losing £500k every week hardly suggests their manager is overachieving.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'd hazard a guess Sky said club, bloke heard it as team.
I concur.

I saw this reply to Luke Edwards' Telegraph article today. Many other fans don't seem to accept that we're doing well, because we're doing well.

@LukeEdwardsTele Brighton net debt £166m, wages to turnover 111% & losing £500k every week hardly suggests their manager is overachieving.

Yep, it needs to be put out there the difference between investment in infrastructure and investment in the squad.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Fantastic article and so proud to be an Albion fan.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It used to be the case that you would hear Barber banging on about FFP every week, as other clubs flouted the rules. But since we voted in favour of the amendments a couple of years ago, he's been a lot quieter.

I would suspect the are contingencies in place if we don't make it - the sale of Dunk being the obvious one - TB seems to have upped the risk budget a bit but I have absolute faith he knows what he's doing.

Does the club have any debt or are they all shareholder loans to TB?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S

smileyweb

Everyone at the club (BHAFC & AITC) was on a 10% bonus, last season, if we were promoted. That included cleaners, shop staff, match day stewards, etc. Full and part-time staff were all included.

We're not, this season, sadly - but that doesn't mean the club wouldn't do anything for staff at a later date...but let's not tempt fate!

Whether or not it's a coincidence that Greer and Calde are no longer here, I don't know.

Sorry. Need to correct myself, here, as the bonus is still in place for EVERYONE at the club (BHAFC & AITC) this season. Which is nice. 🙂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here