Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby to sign Rhodes and Lansbury?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Don't think k Derby will sign Rhodes or Lansbury but they will surely get Martin back by repaying the £3 loan fee. Surely no point in Fulham keeping an unhappy player.

Fulham manager is very clear. Martin isn't going anywhere and especially not to a promotion rival.

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
Interesting that 2 teams have not submitted their accounts for last season: Bolton and FOREST.

Meaning they are under a transfer embargo from 1st Jan until they submit. No way to spend the £2.5m they get for Lansbury - straight in the greedy owner's pocket

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Interesting that 2 teams have not submitted their accounts for last season: Bolton and FOREST.

Meaning they are under a transfer embargo from 1st Jan until they submit. No way to spend the £2.5m they get for Lansbury - straight in the greedy owner's pocket
The 'greedy owner' is part way through selling Forest as well ( to some yankees I think ).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fulham manager is very clear. Martin isn't going anywhere and especially not to a promotion rival.

I very much doubt the Fulham manager will have much say if the owner decides he doesn't want a want away player disrupting the rest of the squad. I imagine Martin and McLaren will get their way.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I very much doubt the Fulham manager will have much say if the owner decides he doesn't want a want away player disrupting the rest of the squad. I imagine Martin and McLaren will get their way.

I doubt that the owner will want to contradict the manager with Fulham in the playoff race. Also I would expect Martin would be sent to train with the U23s so wouldn't disrupt the first team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I doubt that the owner will want to contradict the manager with Fulham in the playoff race. Also I would expect Martin would be sent to train with the U23s so wouldn't disrupt the first team.

Oh I agree, in a ideal world but unfortunately it all comes down to money

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Oh I agree, in a ideal world but unfortunately it all comes down to money

Yes it does, but the question is what money are they targeting - the loan fee or the prem payments? With Fulham so close they must be looking at the chance of promotion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here