Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby to sign Rhodes and Lansbury?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It seems an awful lot of money to spend in order to secure a one in four stab at promotion. Especially considering Rhodes will not be up to speed for a few games and my personal opinion of Lansbury is that he really isn't all that anyway.

On the flip side, they are 10.5 points behind Newcastle who admittedly have Shelvey out and will be heavily affected by the African Cup Of Nations in January. And I suppose we are exposed if Murray gets injured.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Lansbury's contract expires at the end of the season and he's not yet been offered a new one by them (they've put all discussions on hold until the 'takeover' goes through), so 5-6m might be too good an offer for them to turn down.

Plus McClaren needs some advice on hair styling (Lansbury being the expert)...that thin patch is getting bigger

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They make bids for every above average striker and midfielder in the Championship don't they?

I will be very interested to see at what stage McLaren gets his players to choke this season. Maybe it's around now when he tries to replace half of them?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Plus McClaren needs some advice on hair styling (Lansbury being the expert)...that thin patch is getting bigger

Post 16/17 choke I doubt he will have an issue...

image.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will they still concede *poor goals* against us though ? ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The deal is done, it would require both Derby and Fulham to back out. If Fulham want to proceed then that's that
Is that possible within the rules? We're not in a transfer window, so how can it be done to the point that Derby can't change their mind?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Cannot understand how anyone can seriously think he is " so shit". I've always thought he's a very good player. Energetic and with an eye for a pass and a goal, he'd be a good fit for us if the midfield wasn't so congested.

and he's a bully....wouldn't want lansbury but rhodes would be the final peice....imho of course.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I believe that if you have too many players competing for too few places then there's a real danger team morale will suffer.

I believe this is a factor why Norwich have under-performed this season too - they have too many attacking midfielders, Derby have too many strikers. Meanwhile, the likes of Huddersfield and Reading with smaller, settled squads continue to outshine their larger rivals.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Is that possible within the rules? We're not in a transfer window, so how can it be done to the point that Derby can't change their mind?

Yeah, players can be signed at any time but can't be registered outside of the window - Jutkiewicz got recently confirmed as a permanent at Birmingham, for instance. Don't get me wrong, I'd love him back now Schteve is back...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lets hope Lansbury has a good game tonight! We don't want Newcastle going too far ahead of us on goal difference.

Lansbury is quite capable of playing well. The Derby 4-3-3 would suit his style.

Breaking News: Lansbury is injured.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't get me wrong, I'd love him back now Schteve is back...
I know you're a ram, but you still need to accept the Schteve is a ****.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think both Lansbury and Rhodes are too slow for both Brighton and Derby. Lansbury is another right footer as well

Derby look a bit of a threat, but I think they lack overall pace in their midfield and it is not a simple problem to rectify.

PS: I think Shelvey, Lansbury, Stephens are all about the same speed, but Kayal is quite a bit quicker. Norwood and Sidwell are he same speed as well as Hayden; and I hope we get Kayal back to fitness for February when we have important games.

Last edited:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Rhodes is a good goal scorer, but overpriced and over rated. He doesn't 'fit' with our type of system. He'd be ok at, oh, I don't know.....Blackburn?
Landsbury is a poor man's Barton as in he will always be the one that other teams will try to wind up because he's a tad volatile.
If Derby are seriously in for these two, good luck to them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here