Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace can be the Manchester United of the south

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I've got this now. CPFC are going to offer shares to their fans at £100 per share then go for a listing on the Wall Street stock exchange then borrow billions to invest in the team with the debt ring fenced. They are then going to get sponsors for everything. Although now sure what Poundland as official shopping partner brings them.
They will then buy star name players but have an unbalanced and under performing team.

The next bit is where they become more like FC United as having suffered relegation they go into administration (yet again) and have to rejoin as FC Palace in the Surrey District League and try and work their way back.

Fun times ahead

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So it's Benteke's fault (1 goal in 2 games ratio at Villa) they went down?

Of course not, but can't you see the flaw in using Benteke as one of your "look how ****ing amazing we are" exhibits when he was part of a woeful falling-apart-at-the-seams relegated side last season?

Well done for realising just how much horseshit you'd posted, BTW, and ignoring all the other posts that so easily dismantled your claims.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Misfiring like Zaha? He's been outstanding this season. And Benteke is averaging a goal every other game! Show's you know nothing!

Zaha is outstanding only in diving, which Harry the Hornet will confirm. He has scored 3 goals in 19 games and Benteke has scored 8 in 18 games and that in not an average of goal in every other game. That's what I know about football.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Of course not, but can't you see the flaw in using Benteke as one of your "look how ****ing amazing we are" exhibits when he was part of a woeful falling-apart-at-the-seams relegated side last season?Well done for realising just how much horseshit you'd posted, BTW, and ignoring all the other posts that so easily dismantled your claims.

Er, no he wasn't. He was at Liverpool last season :facepalm:

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Zaha is outstanding only in diving, which Harry the Hornet will confirm. He has scored 3 goals in 19 games and Benteke has scored 8 in 18 games and that in not an average of goal in every other game. That's what I know about football.

Benteke has 8 in 16 game Prem games, get your facts right.

Zaha would walk into your side.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Er, no he wasn't. He was at Liverpool last season :facepalm:

Was he? Well, there you go. You think they'd want to hang onto such an outstanding talent. I'll quickly check the league tables...

Well it seems that without him Liverpool have gone from mid-table nobodies to top 4 challengers.

With him and all those goals Palace have gone from 15th to 17th.

Again - well done on ignoring all the other posts.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We'd smash you. Look at your team mate, your star man is Murray, who couldn't get a game with us or at Bournemouth. Benteke is in a different league.

You're, what, five positions higher than us?

By the way, I look forward to not hearing from you for months as soon as it all goes tits up again. That's usually what happens. A bit of good news (Fat Sam's appointment) and you're all over this board like a rash. A bit of bad news and you're nowhere to be seen.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Was he? Well, there you go. You think they'd want to hang onto such an outstanding talent. I'll quickly check the league tables...

Well it seems that without him Liverpool have gone from mid-table nobodies to top 4 challengers.

With him and all those goals Palace have gone from 15th to 17th.

Again - well done on ignoring all the other posts.

We've been shite, no doubt about it. That's down to one man, Alan Pardew. No way should that squad be where it is. Watch us fly under Big Sam, you must be crapping it now as you know we have a capable manager!

In relation to Benteke, there you go again, talking rubbish. You seem to think that Liverpool have suddenly become world beaters just because Benteke has left?? Your argument is desperate!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We've been shite, no doubt about it. That's down to one man, Alan Pardew. No way should that squad be where it is. Watch us fly under Big Sam, you must be crapping it now as you know we have a capable manager!

In relation to Benteke, there you go again, talking rubbish. You seem to think that Liverpool have suddenly become world beaters just because Benteke has left?? Your argument is desperate!

Crapping it? Really? Why would I, or anyone, do that?

Even with the hapless Pardew in charge I genuinely didn't expect Palace to get relegated such is the dross at the lower end of the Premier League this season. Like many Albion fans I thought Pardew was doing a wonderful job and I'm disappointed he's not there to keep it going. I also think you'll do better under Allardyce. But crapping it? Sorry, but no.

(Where did I say Liverpool were world beaters? I said they were top 4 challengers. Which they are, just like Palace apparently.)

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

That's why Newcastle sacked him as he was taking them down. What is it with you and Newcastle shit managers, is it because the only decent one that they let go is here?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

It really is a bit early to be on the sauce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here