Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace can be the Manchester United of the south

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Well I can certainly see the similarity in Selhurst Park and how Jordan and now Parish have spent a fortune in bringing the ground up to the same standard as Old Trafford.:lolol::lolol:

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Watched the Jordan half-hour on Sky a bit by mistake. There was nothing else on really. Several things struck me - he really is arrogant obnoxious and pompous, and when he described himself as the intellectual superior of Iain Dowie (who he didn't get on with) I nearly fell of the sofa. Is that a good yardstick for respectability and why say such a thing anyway. In the end I wondered if the Premier League productions programme makers had realised it was almost a spoof show - Simon Jordan trying to be a Spitting Image caricature of himself. Strangely enjoyable weird TV.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Whether you like it or not, we have the potential to be a huge club, we are now an established side in The Premiership after 4 seasons of staying up, the catchment area is massive and the American owners are minted.

With Fat Sam at the helm and the players we have (Cabaye, Remy, Benteke, Zaha, players you could only dream of having) we should be safe from relegation this season and look to really push on next year into the top half.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Whether you like it or not, we have the potential to be a huge club, we are now an established side in The Premiership after 4 seasons of staying up, the catchment area is massive and the American owners are minted.

With Fat Sam at the helm and the players we have (Cabaye, Remy, Benteke, Zaha, players you could only dream of having) we should be safe from relegation this season and look to really push on next year into the top half.

So much delusion in so few words...

1. There are very few established Premier League (not Premiership) clubs and you most certainly are not one of them. How did being "established" (and they were a lot more established than Palace) work out for Villa and Newcastle? How are massive clubs like Forest and Wednesday getting on?

2. Your catchment area is the same it ever was. And until you got promoted that massive catchment area provided thousands of empty seats at your ramshackle excuse of a stadium. The 10,000 or so extra that are rocking up now are as fickle as they come and would soon disappear back into the Croydon slums if they weren't getting to see Premier League big clubs any more.

3. Last year you were pushing for Europe. And this one too. How did that work out?

Dr. No

Nov 28, 2016

No.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Didn't realise the season was over.

Sounds more like something out of a nightmare to me.

Just curious, if we played you right now how do you think it would go? Personally, I think we have harder fixtures coming up in January.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

:facepalm:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Watched the Jordan half-hour on Sky a bit by mistake. There was nothing else on really. Several things struck me - he really is arrogant obnoxious and pompous, and when he described himself as the intellectual superior of Iain Dowie (who he didn't get on with) I nearly fell of the sofa. Is that a good yardstick for respectability and why say such a thing anyway. In the end I wondered if the Premier League productions programme makers had realised it was almost a spoof show - Simon Jordan trying to be a Spitting Image caricature of himself. Strangely enjoyable weird TV.

As Dowie has a degree in astrophysics, maybe it would be a suitable yardstick (if it were true).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Comment of the month, fantastic stuff.

The club that keep on giving. :laugh:

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Didn't realise the season was over.

Sounds more like something out of a nightmare to me.

Just curious, if we played you right now how do you think it would go? Personally, I think we have harder fixtures coming up in January.

We'd smash you. Look at your team mate, your star man is Murray, who couldn't get a game with us or at Bournemouth. Benteke is in a different league.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
We'd smash you. Look at your team mate, your star man is Murray, who couldn't get a game with us or at Bournemouth. Benteke is in a different league.

Can Benteke score a penalty for a change?

And I would argue that Murray is our star man, as I think we are more of a team than relying on misfiring star men like Benteke, Zaha and Cabaye

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Like you've been smashing all those unestablished Premier League minnows over the last year?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They never cease to amaze.
The footballing world see them as a bunch of deluded simpleton f**ktards.

They don't like being seen as a bunch of deluded simpleton f**ktards.

and yet every couple of months someone pipes up and proves what a bunch of deluded simpleton f**ktards, they are.

"Ok who's turn is it to tell everyone how great we are"
"Sam"
"No not Sam he's arguing with a 7 ft hornet"
"Wilf, what about Wilf?"
"Best not a couple of weeks ago he decided he was African, and is now crapping on us staying up"
"The Yanks?"
"No stooopid they're the morons we're hoping believes this BS".
"I know the fella with the twattish hair?"
"You're gonna have to be a little more precise"

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Calm down, dear. You have to go a long way down the league to find an outfit that doesn't think it 'has the potential to be a huge club.' Only about six clubs are established in the division whose name you can't even get right, and one of them - an actual huge club, not just a potential one - was relegated last season.

The catchment area is no more massive than Carlisle's, and your problem (as evidenced on East Croydon station most Saturdays) is that your proximity to the big clubs north of the river makes it easy for people to get to Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and West Ham. Big Sam (you don't even know his nickname) will be off somewhere else next summer. Oh yes, Remy - how's that working out? And funnily enough you don't mention Dann and Delaney, although no doubt Sam will replace them as soon as the 'minted' American owners gives him some cash in January - if they've got any left after the massive upgrade of Selhurst Park that they ... oh, wait ...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Like he fired Aston Villa into the Championship? Different league that.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Can Benteke score a penalty for a change?

And I would argue that Murray is our star man, as I think we are more of a team than relying on misfiring star men like Benteke, Zaha and Cabaye

Misfiring like Zaha? He's been outstanding this season. And Benteke is averaging a goal every other game! Show's you know nothing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here