Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace can be the Manchester United of the south

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Newton Heath - Thornton Heath. There endeth the similarity.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Same old rubbish .
For a club like Palace, to be in the top league for 4 years is a remarkable feat, and we fully deserved to as well.
The calibre of player at our disposal is something I never thought I would see, and it's shows how much we have moved forward since 2010.
Playing devils advocate, where do you see yourselves in 4 years time , an established PL club, or still in the championship ?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Same old rubbish .
For a club like Palace, to be in the top league for 4 years is a remarkable feat, and we fully deserved to as well.
The calibre of player at our disposal is something I never thought I would see, and it's shows how much we have moved forward since 2010.
Playing devils advocate, where do you see yourselves in 4 years time , an established PL club, or still in the championship ?

If we get there, I think we will make a good go of it. There are a host of clubs in the PL that we could conceivably usurp but it could go either way. Whichever way it goes, personally speaking, I will be content with bouncing between the two divisions on the gravy train. If we don't make it within that timespan I think it will be much the same, perhaps being real challengers every couple of years of squad building.

Very hard to predict though and taking nothing for granted as we are nowhere near over the line.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Whether you like it or not, we have the potential to be a huge club, we are now an established side in The Premiership after 4 seasons of staying up, the catchment area is massive and the American owners are minted.

With Fat Sam at the helm and the players we have (Cabaye, Remy, Benteke, Zaha, players you could only dream of having) we should be safe from relegation this season and look to really push on next year into the top half.
I gladly came out of the woodwork to highlight the palace hypocrisy.
images

1415049070549_wps_10_Barclays_Premier_League_C.jpg

1409738443872_wps_2_dmvidpics_2014_09_03_at_1.jpg

"Can only dream of players like,...'Zaha'" - Same pathetic prick who cried over a mascot? I'd rather have Knockaert than that salty prat.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We've been shite, no doubt about it. That's down to one man, Alan Pardew. No way should that squad be where it is. Watch us fly under Big Sam, you must be crapping it now as you know we have a capable manager!

In relation to Benteke, there you go again, talking rubbish. You seem to think that Liverpool have suddenly become world beaters just because Benteke has left?? Your argument is desperate!

I don't know about anyone else on here, but I imagine most only notice Palace when their sad fans wander in here like lost sheep and start sharing their dull observations with people who have a far more interesting football club to think about.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
the players we have (Cabaye, Remy, Benteke, Zaha, players you could only dream of having)

Cabaye, who is constantly slated by you lot
Remy...how much has he played for you? Certainly not enough for you to decide that.
Zaha...wave goodbye as he sods off for a few weeks to be with better footballers. But don't wave too ferociously, as the breeze will knock him over.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
My levels of concern are too great to measure. Flying under Big Sam looks a little different to how i had imagined it though

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't know about anyone else on here, but I imagine most only notice Palace when their sad fans wander in here like lost sheep and start sharing their dull observations with people who have a far more interesting football club to think about.
That was true a while ago, but I confess I take a fair bit of interest in their great club these days.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Whether you like it or not, we have the potential to be a huge club, we are now an established side in The Premiership after 4 seasons of staying up, the catchment area is massive and the American owners are minted.

With Fat Sam at the helm and the players we have (Cabaye, Remy, Benteke, Zaha, players you could only dream of having) we should be safe from relegation this season and look to really push on next year into the top half.

You should indeed, a football fan with a sense of entitlement is soon humbled. How is this little prediction working out for you?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We've been shite, no doubt about it. That's down to one man, Alan Pardew. No way should that squad be where it is. Watch us fly under Big Sam, you must be crapping it now as you know we have a capable manager!

I must admit that I was expecting improvement under Sam. Always dangerous to make such bold predictions though isn't it.

Now what you have is a team that is still shite DESPITE having a capable manager. Still you can always go into administration, not pay your debts and have another crack. Third time lucky :)

jon12345

Jul 22, 2014
I gladly came out of the woodwork to highlight the palace hypocrisy.
images

1415049070549_wps_10_Barclays_Premier_League_C.jpg

1409738443872_wps_2_dmvidpics_2014_09_03_at_1.jpg

"Can only dream of players like,...'Zaha'" - Same pathetic prick who cried over a mascot? I'd rather have Knockaert than that salty prat.

They haven't got the hang of this banner lark.

" Romans dirty money is a disease that has plagued our game "

How about

" Romans dirty money is a disease that has plagued our league"

A lot more catchy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here