Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Warnock - Brighton are after the same striker as us!!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I am not sure that it says he's not ambitious if he goes there instead as his priority is obviously going to be game time. To me, this is the reason why the January loan window has to be used sparingly or even a last resort. Otherwise you just end up with everyone else's cast offs. Fine for back up to make up the numbers but little else IMO.

Definitely. The main reason why he left Liverpool was because the opportunity of game time was slim (they wanted him to stay and had offered him a better termed deal to stay). Press reports indicate that Sinclair is eager to leave Watford on loan and get first team experience as he's not happy being on the bench, so chances of being in and around the first team appear to be the main driving factor in any move. Cardiff would be the easier path to getting that opportunity, than the one he would have here but Brentford, Norwich and Reading are also being linked, so not going to be an easy decision for him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Watford were saying yesterday that Sinclair had to stay and fight for a place with every prospect of a starting role if he knuckles down in a side struggling to score

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have no idea who Neil Warnock is talking about, if there's any truth in what he said, but given our different situations in the Championship I would believe that a club like ours that is scoring goals and top of the championship would be more attractive than a lower placed team not scoring so many. Even coming off the bench and scoring is better than starting and not scoring. As for Prem loan strikers we,ve seen it all before, James Wilson, Linguard never lived up to expectation, Tracy Beeker and Marcus Bent, all never really had the talent or committed.
We need to place our trust in CH, i'm sure he and his team will identify what we want and if its unattainable then have an alternative plan, but I do believe we need another striker.

Isn't Murray a 'prem on loan' striker?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Tough luck, loser. There is a bigger prat than you (unless you are the second (inferior) account of the same prat?)

Chill out chap, sense of humour by-pass ? As already stated earlier in the thread, I was just taking the piss and any mod will confirm I am not the "your mum" account.
I do find it mildly amusing that everyone gets so wound up about things posted on the internet.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
That guy who Burton rate, doesn't score many (although scored tonight), could be the idea Baldock back-up? Sounds really promising - has anyone seen this O'Grady fella play?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Few prem clubs in for him, can't see it

Really? For someone who isn't match fit and hasn't played in a game for a good 7 weeks and is 36 yrs old, he would need time to get up to speed as well! Plus I thought we were looking for a no 10 who was quick, he no longer has any pace. It's a no from me and I would be a bit "meh" if CH brings him in!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Chill out chap, sense of humour by-pass ? As already stated earlier in the thread, I was just taking the piss and any mod will confirm I am not the "your mum" account.
I do find it mildly amusing that everyone gets so wound up about things posted on the internet.
OK, compete with 'Your Mum' if it makes you feel empowered. I couldn't give a ****.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

It's an interesting modern phenomena as well as people believing that people should not be offended by things posted on the internet.

It's all banter innit bruv.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Bet he's regretting it now. How much would he have earned in the PL when we get promoted and they don't even make the playoffs. Serves him right the d!ckhead

If we had got him would we still have Duffy? Maybe it would us that would be regretting it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here