Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

26 wins required, where should we expect the final 11 to come from?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Over the last 5 seasons the top two have been automatically promoted with more than 25 wins. In fact often 25 wins leaves you in 3rd
2016 - Burnley & Boro (26)
2015 - BMouth (26) Watford (27)
2014 - Leicester (31) Burnley (26)
2013 - Cardiff (25) Hull (24)
2012 - Reading (27) Southampton (26)

Where should CH be looking to pick up those 11 additional wins?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
101 ways of looking at the second half of the season. Target 92 points, that's another 41 needed from a possible 69.
Where can we afford to drop those 28 points.
Then we take points off the chasing pack, Massive, Newcastle, Reading & Derby all at home.
It could be that 2017 could get off to a nightmare. A Fulham, A PNE, H Massive, H Newcastle, A Huddersfield and A Brentford are all losable. That's 18 points dropped.
After all this though my money is on a party either A Wolves or H Wigan. Forget Villa, it wont go that far.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Make sure we don't lose to any of the other top six competitors should be the start point. Grab wins in a few and we'll be there

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
we will need 27 wins to be certain

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Last season was a record for the number of points required to finish top 2 in the Championship.
This season, that record will be broken again.

Why? Because it would be bloody typical.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Last season was a record for the number of points required to finish top 2 in the Championship.
This season, that record will be broken again.

Why? Because it would be bloody typical.

The difference this year is that I believe that is possible of the current squad.

We have turned draws into wins, which we didn't last year and we have an even more never say die attitude, if that was possible!

larus

Lets say we lost 7 games (that's as many as we've lost in 1 1/2 seasons). That leaves 16.
Of those 16, say we win 50%. 8 wins = 24. 8 Draws = 8 (that's just to help the Crystal Palace fans who may be reading). Total = 32.
Add 32 to 51 and we'd be on 83.

So, yes it could still go tits up, but in the last 1 1/2 seasons out of 69 games it's 39 - 23 - 7. Last season was just over 50% win ratio (24/46). This season it's 15/23, nearly 66%.

However if we analyse the stats, I think it would take a real implosion to cause us to drop to a win ratio of 33%. Of course anything is possible, but I just don't see it happening.

Derby could get 51 points from their remaining fixtures (as they do have a very good squad), so they could get to 90 points (maybe even 92). So, it's far from certain, but we have a nice cushion in case there is any blip.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The difference this year is that I believe that is possible of the current squad.

We have turned draws into wins, which we didn't last year and we have an even more never say die attitude, if that was possible!
We did that in the last half of last season. It was only at the start where we were drawing too many.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Not mathematically certain, no, but certain enough. We're not going to win 12 and lose 11 are we.

Triggaar, and you being a Brighton fan still don't believe we can find new and strange ways to conspire to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory :D

No, I am sure if we with 12 we will pick up a few draws along the way too to give us over 90 points and be 'certain'... maybe!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Triggaar, and you being a Brighton fan still don't believe we can find new and strange ways to conspire to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory :D
Sure we'll find a way, I just don't think it will be that way. Probably cheated by poor refereeing, the FA and god, like last time.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sure we'll find a way, I just don't think it will be that way. Probably cheated by poor refereeing, the FA and god, like last time.

Our last two away games are Villa and Norwich. Both are struggling to make the play offs which could suit us. By the time we play them they're season could be over.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Our last two away games are Villa and Norwich. Both are struggling to make the play offs which could suit us. By the time we play them they're season could be over.

Rather hoping we can go into the last 3 games coasting and being already promoted if not already champions!

Think big, dream bigger :rolleyes:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

A villa and Norwich side who cannot make the playoffs or who will certainly be there and have nothing to play for may be nice

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Worst case, they need a result to get in the playoffs - best case, they're in the playoffs and need an easy game before their semi - med case, they've got nothing but pride to play for

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here