Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

26 wins required, where should we expect the final 11 to come from?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That's all the players can do. We on the other hand can look forward, speculate and pontificate up the ying yang

Not me, I'll drive myself (and the Mrs) mad if I let myself think about it.

Just going to keep turning up, cheering and wishing for the best!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Worst case, they need a result to get in the playoffs - best case, they're in the playoffs and need an easy game before their semi - med case, they've got nothing but pride to play for
Playing a Villa team that have 'rested' half their first XI in readiness for a playoff semi final a few days later would be quite appealing - especially if we need a win to seal the title.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Worst case, they need a result to get in the playoffs - best case, they're in the playoffs and need an easy game before their semi - med case, they've got nothing but pride to play for

Agree with worst case. I think them falling short of playoffs with nothing to play for is the best case.

The whole 'they're in playoffs and might rest players and/or not care' theory didn't really play out as we thought against Derby last season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we play like we did in the last 15 mins yesterday we will be lucky to make the play-offs!

Eh? You mean when the game was completely over and we were sensibly saving ourselves for another game in 3 days time?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
We didn't exactly control it though. Should have kept the ball and qpr should barely have had a touch. We gave the ball away far too much. It is ok taking the foot off the gas but that seemed like a loss of concentration.

I think we done what we needed to do. I respect you wanted more out of the team but its all about opinions.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We didn't exactly control it though. Should have kept the ball and qpr should barely have had a touch. We gave the ball away far too much. It is ok taking the foot off the gas but that seemed like a loss of concentration.

Here's the text updates from the BBC, which shows that we still took shots at their goal even after 75 minutes.
Match ends, Brighton and Hove Albion 3, Queens Park Rangers 0.
Full Time
Posted at
90'+4'
Second Half ends, Brighton and Hove Albion 3, Queens Park Rangers 0.
Posted at
90'+1'
Attempt blocked. Sandro (Queens Park Rangers) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Massimo Luongo.
Posted at
90'+1'
Foul by Oliver Norwood (Brighton and Hove Albion).
Posted at
90'+1'
Pawel Wszolek (Queens Park Rangers) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
Posted at
90'
Attempt missed. Lewis Dunk (Brighton and Hove Albion) header from the right side of the six yard box is close, but misses to the right. Assisted by Jiri Skalak with a cross following a corner.
Posted at
90'
Corner, Brighton and Hove Albion. Conceded by Grant Hall.
Posted at
85'
Corner, Queens Park Rangers. Conceded by Gaëtan Bong.
Posted at
84'
Foul by Lewis Dunk (Brighton and Hove Albion).
Posted at
84'
Idrissa Sylla (Queens Park Rangers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
Posted at
83'
Attempt saved. Tomer Hemed (Brighton and Hove Albion) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the bottom left corner.
Posted at
81'
Shane Duffy (Brighton and Hove Albion) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
Posted at
81'
Foul by Massimo Luongo (Queens Park Rangers).
Posted at
81'
Offside, Brighton and Hove Albion. Anthony Knockaert tries a through ball, but Tomer Hemed is caught offside.
Substitution
Posted at
81'
Substitution, Queens Park Rangers. Osman Kakay replaces Yeni N'Gbakoto.
Substitution
Posted at
80'
Substitution, Queens Park Rangers. Sandro replaces Jordan Cousins.
Booking
Posted at
80'
Idrissa Sylla (Queens Park Rangers) is shown the yellow card.
Posted at
80'
Dale Stephens (Brighton and Hove Albion) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
Posted at
80'
Foul by Idrissa Sylla (Queens Park Rangers).
Substitution
Posted at
77'
Substitution, Brighton and Hove Albion. Jiri Skalak replaces Sam Baldock.
Posted at
76'
Attempt missed. Jake Bidwell (Queens Park Rangers) left footed shot from outside the box misses to the right following a corner.
Posted at
76'
Corner, Queens Park Rangers. Conceded by David Stockdale.
Posted at
76'
Attempt saved. Idrissa Sylla (Queens Park Rangers) header from the centre of the box is saved in the top centre of the goal. Assisted by Jake Bidwell with a cross.
Posted at
75'
Foul by Dale Stephens (Brighton and Hove Albion).
Posted at
75'
Jordan Cousins (Queens Park Rangers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
Posted at
75'
Attempt saved. Jamie Murphy (Brighton and Hove Albion) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the bottom right corner. Assisted by Gaëtan Bong.
Posted at
74'
Attempt saved. Dale Stephens (Brighton and Hove Albion) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the top centre of the goal. Assisted by Tomer Hemed.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It isn't over until the larger-sized lady warbles. There are infinite ways of ballsing this up still.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we play like we did in the last 15 mins yesterday we will be lucky to make the play-offs!
When you have a shot, there's a good chance you're going to lose possession. If we keep playing the way we did for the last 15 minutes, then it probably means we're winning a lot of games easily.
I don't mean push for a 4th i just mean keep the ball, retain possession.
To be fair, your post was just stupid. Leave it at that and move on.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I don't mean push for a 4th i just mean keep the ball, retain possession.

You didn't notice the 30+ pass move, utterly taking the piss out of the opposition, accompanied by 'Olé's, that prevented them from having a single touch for a full two minutes?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Did you hear the Oles? Of course they touched the ball, but both teams had settled for 3-0 at that point, saving energy for two more games within a few days.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here