FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Just this one from yesterday

fc6893fc3c1604471dd5a58f21a04adb.jpg

Yes please

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm already looking forward to the now traditional biannual bounce of the 'you need 7' thread, just to reassess our current squad.

Having just caught up with it, at the start of Sept, unbelievably nobody had Duffy as number 1.

Anyone coming in needs to be psychotic just to make the starting 11.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We have that cover in Hemed. Now he is nowhere near good enough to challenge but a good squad striker. We were trying to sign a Baldock style striker in the summer so I don't see why this would have changed.

Spot on...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I can't help thinking/hoping that there is a record breaking transfer to come based on a confident gamble from Tony Bloom that is realising that the probability of promotion increases as each week go by.
It's going to be cheaper to buy a player as a championship team than as a Premier League team.
I'm not convinced that the player we try to buy is a similar player to Sam Baldock.
With still half a season to play I have a sneaky feeling we might go for a target man to both cover and challenge Glenn Murray.

I'm not convinced that a striker would be cheaper now than in the summer. Since CH has been here we've seen rivals spend around £10m on Gray, Rhodes, Kodjia, McCormack & Gayle.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He's usually pretty reliable... I mean Pete O'R!

Wasn't Dicko long-term injured?

Yes out for season with cruciate injury, article below

Turkish side and Championship duo eye Wolves striker Dicko

HITC Sport understands Wolves striker Nouha Dicko is a target for Trabzonspor, Brighton & Hove Albion and Fulham, in January.

Nouha Dicko of Wolverhampton Wanderers (C) in action with Gaetano Berardi (L) and Liam Cooper of Leeds UnitedNouha Dicko of Wolverhampton Wanderers (C) in action with Gaetano Berardi (L) and Liam Cooper of Leeds United

HITC Sport understands Wolves striker Nouha Dicko is a target for several sides in January.

Wolverhampton Wanderers striker Nouha Dicko is attracting interest from Trabzonspor, Brighton & Hove Albion and Fulham, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Dicko is back to full fitness now after a lengthy spell out of action with a serious knee injury.

The 24-year-old missed almost the whole of the 2015-16 campaign after sustaining a anterior cruciate ligament injury in the 2-1 home win over Charlton in late August.

Nouha Dicko scores the second goal for WolvesNouha Dicko scores for Wolves

Dicko has made 14 appearances in all competitions for Wolves so far this season, scoring twice in the Football League Trophy win over Crewe in October.

Dicko, who joined Wolves in January 2014 from Wigan, finished as top scorer in his first season at the club with 13 goals in 19 games to help the club win promotion from League One and he went on to score 15 goals the following season in the Championship before suffering his knee injury.

Turkish side Trabzonspor are lining up a move for the pacey forward as they look to bring in a goalscorer to help lift them clear of relegation trouble in the Super Lig.

Championship promotion hopefuls Brighton are also keeping tabs on Dicko as Chris Hughton looks to bolster his attacking options in January, while Fulham are also in the market for a new striker in the New Year.

Wolves are reluctant to lose Dicko as they battle to avoid being involved in a relegation battle, but they are bracing themselves for interest in the Mali international.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

HITC Sport understands Wolves striker Nouha Dicko is a target for Trabzonspor, Brighton & Hove Albion and Fulham, in January.

Nouha Dicko of Wolverhampton Wanderers (C) in action with Gaetano Berardi (L) and Liam Cooper of Leeds UnitedNouha Dicko of Wolverhampton Wanderers (C) in action with Gaetano Berardi (L) and Liam Cooper of Leeds United

HITC Sport understands Wolves striker Nouha Dicko is a target for several sides in January.

Wolverhampton Wanderers striker Nouha Dicko is attracting interest from Trabzonspor, Brighton & Hove Albion and Fulham, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Dicko is back to full fitness now after a lengthy spell out of action with a serious knee injury.

The 24-year-old missed almost the whole of the 2015-16 campaign after sustaining a anterior cruciate ligament injury in the 2-1 home win over Charlton in late August.

Dicko has made 14 appearances in all competitions for Wolves so far this season, scoring twice in the Football League Trophy win over Crewe in October.

Dicko, who joined Wolves in January 2014 from Wigan, finished as top scorer in his first season at the club with 13 goals in 19 games to help the club win promotion from League One and he went on to score 15 goals the following season in the Championship before suffering his knee injury.

Turkish side Trabzonspor are lining up a move for the pacey forward as they look to bring in a goalscorer to help lift them clear of relegation trouble in the Super Lig.

Championship promotion hopefuls Brighton are also keeping tabs on Dicko as Chris Hughton looks to bolster his attacking options in January, while Fulham are also in the market for a new striker in the New Year.

Wolves are reluctant to lose Dicko as they battle to avoid being involved in a relegation battle, but they are bracing themselves for interest in the Mali international.

Thank you... so, begs the question, is he back to his best?

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh

Does that mean he's off in January or whenever to the African Cup?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The rumour from Sheffield Wednesday is that we have broken FFP with such a MASSIVE loss and that is why we are top of the league...They however, are doing it the right way....

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
The above seems logical, alternatively an experienced PL striker not getting game time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
IMO Baldock/Murray partnership needs to be our #1 option. We can't risk ruining that chemistry, which is why I can't see us buying a striker.

However, a loan for a James Wilson type player. Someone who would be grateful just to make the bench. A friend of mine suggested Dominic Solanke yesterday and i have to agree with him. Lighting up the U23, always leaps and bounds better than Tammy Abrahams at every youth level but is NEVER going to break through in Chelsea.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Solanke threw a massive hissy fit in the summer and demanded a better contract (£££), which then never materialised, because he refused to go out on loan. Not sure we want that type of petulance in the dressing room.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm not at all convinced we would go for a "Premier League Ready" striker but one to back up our first choice strike force to get us up and like other existing squad members would be moved on in the summer if we make it.

Don't know about Dicko. If he's able to recreate past form he could be a good pacy back-up to Baldock and suspect the price would be under £1m. On the plus side his major injury is past and he is fully match fit

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
The rumour from Sheffield Wednesday is that we have broken FFP with such a MASSIVE loss and that is why we are top of the league...They however, are doing it the right way....

If I understood the Albion roar a few weeks ago it sounds like it is unlikely we will pass it this year, if we don't go up this summer it sounds like we may have to sell a few of our better players and build again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Don't know about Dicko. If he's able to recreate past form he could be a good pacy back-up to Baldock and suspect the price would be under £1m. On the plus side his major injury is past and he is fully match fit

I can assure you the price for Dicko would not be under £1m! When fit he's probably their best player. You'd be looking at £3-4m at least I reckon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not convinced that the player we try to buy is a similar player to Sam Baldock.
With still half a season to play I have a sneaky feeling we might go for a target man to both cover and challenge Glenn Murray.
If Baldock got injured, how would it help that we have 3 target men?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here