Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stubborn Staff in the Superstore

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you get a full kit on that birthday, along with a couple of Albion gnomes and a holographic car sticker.
Ah that explains why the Reading game has been moved back to my birthday.

In advance #thanksBHA.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
My wife bought me a Nike sweatshirt by mailorder from the club superstore for xmas. Unfortunately after trying it on it wasn't the right size.

So I took it back this morning to swap it for one a size larger. However, although they had plenty on the rail in the required size, when I took it to the check out l was told, 'sorry, no returns on matchdays'.

So despite the fact there was hardly anyone else in the store, and both the returned item and the new item both had the same value, the staff could not, or would not help, saying come back later in the week and we'll do it.

Well that's all well and good if your don't have to work, but miost of us do! It's a shame a liitle common sense couldn't have been applied.

I had the same experience and was not happy. I saw the notices on the doors which talked of exchanging after the 28th and asked the girl on the nearest till whether she really expected me to come back tomorrow doing best part of 80 miles round trip. She replied that the top would be exchanged after the match, which it duly was -by this time, they had probably had several complaints, and decided to relent. Would it not have been better to have organised a corner of the shop near a till to do this, knowing that at this time, there will be such exchanges, and thus placate fans, who had spent good money in the club shop to boost Albion's coffers? NO, instead there was a try-on, so that the staff would not be inconvenienced from making as much dosh as possible. Very poor attitude shown..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well it was signed "from all at Brighton & Hove Albion" in the card, which was hand-written.

I'm not suggesting there was any sort of magical, Santa Claus style hand at work here, but as far as I know, nobody I go to games with had organised it. Maybe it was just a case of randomly plucking me off the database as somebody (no doubt one of many!) on the ST holder list who had a birthday last week...but I don't care, as I have a FREE new scarf and a birthday card. Which makes me feel like an excitable ten year old all over again :lol:

Wow what a lovely thing to happen.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
My wife bought me a Nike sweatshirt by mailorder from the club superstore for xmas. Unfortunately after trying it on it wasn't the right size.

So I took it back this morning to swap it for one a size larger. However, although they had plenty on the rail in the required size, when I took it to the check out l was told, 'sorry, no returns on matchdays'.

So despite the fact there was hardly anyone else in the store, and both the returned item and the new item both had the same value, the staff could not, or would not help, saying come back later in the week and we'll do it.

Well that's all well and good if your don't have to work, but miost of us do! It's a shame a liitle common sense couldn't have been applied.

Did you miss the big sign on the front door ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I guess Stannah's are a tad too expensive, bearing in mind the clubs losses.

Indeed. When you need to go upstairs now, you press a button and Paul Rogers comes around to give you a piggy back up to the next floor.

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
I am afraid these sorry stories just about sum the club up, in all aspects from the shop to the ticket office. This is why I and my sons are no longer season ticket holders. Until the club realise it is us doing them a service and not vice versa, it will continue. Still, when The Albion are bottom of the premier league, without a win in ten; playing to a half empty stadium, without the fair weather glory hunters, maybe then they might get it!

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
So what does one have to do, to be worthy of a hand delivered to one's seat birthday card and prezzie, one wonders?

It was my boys 16th on the villa game and I had emailed supporter services to see if they could read out a happy birthday at half time, they responded with a form to fill out via email for seat number and other stuff and when we got to the seat there was a bag with a scarf and a birthday card which was a nice touch .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It was my boys 16th on the villa game and I had emailed supporter services to see if they could read out a happy birthday at half time, they responded with a form to fill out via email for seat number and other stuff and when we got to the seat there was a bag with a scarf and a birthday card which was a nice touch .

Yes deffo. Over and above I'd say.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Did you miss the big sign on the front door ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A sign on the front door is a bit late once you are there.

My issue was that one member of staff was happy to do the exchange but the manager wasn't. Her attitude of ' there was prior notice on all receipts for pre Xmas purchases' simply wasn't true

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wish I was allowed to swear on this site . . .

Not with that bus on your avatar. It will taint my image and experience of cordial Englishness. And if you have a contrary tale, do keep wise.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

I feel your pain. It was the sons birthday today and he had his voucher for a free shirt from Young Seagulls. He has been looking forward to getting his shirt since the start of the season.

Got to the till - sorry you can't get this on a match day you will have to come to the shop on a non match day.... it's 200 mile trip to get to a home game ... sorry sir that's policy. They have taken the voucher and say they will get it in the post which is great but the boy was gutted. It also took a lot of back and forth negotiation.

there are now admin and postal costs because the shirts come in a separate order. Don't get me wrong - it's a free shirt which is amazing and something the club really don't have to do. But Christ they managed to get something so good very very wrong.

We won, we are top and it didn't ruin the boys day so all in all it is fine, just seemed daft.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A sign on the front door is a bit late once you are there.

My issue was that one member of staff was happy to do the exchange but the manager wasn't. Her attitude of ' there was prior notice on all receipts for pre Xmas purchases' simply wasn't true

Quite so. In my case all I wanted to do was a simple swap, one item for another of the same garment, no money changing hands whatsoever.

Surely that would be done more quickly than someone just wanting to pay for a new item?

Like I said, common sense largely seems to be a thing rooted to the past.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
I saw the thread title and was hoping for a video of a staffy in Tesco's being stubborn, maybe refusing to drop the toddler it was currently mauling.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I had the same experience and was not happy. I saw the notices on the doors which talked of exchanging after the 28th and asked the girl on the nearest till whether she really expected me to come back tomorrow doing best part of 80 miles round trip. She replied that the top would be exchanged after the match, which it duly was -by this time, they had probably had several complaints, and decided to relent. Would it not have been better to have organised a corner of the shop near a till to do this, knowing that at this time, there will be such exchanges, and thus placate fans, who had spent good money in the club shop to boost Albion's coffers? NO, instead there was a try-on, so that the staff would not be inconvenienced from making as much dosh as possible. Very poor attitude shown..

Alternatively it would be appropriate that for all of those MOANING about the club requesting that people wait till a non match day to arrange exchanges for goods, that they bear in mind that the club COULD tell them to do one full stop. Goods only legally have to be refunded/exchanged if faulty or not fit for purpose etc etc.. The fact that you or your brother bought the wrong size or colour is not the retailer's problem. First world issue me thinks.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

Something makes me think that is Tom Gorringe from a Marketing perspective however the shop and 'Customer Services' are dealt with by someone else

Tom is just spectacular and a very clever man at understanding how to market a club, unfortunately the simple elements undermine it.

Please don't think I am just annoyed about my sons shirt - similar happened earlier this season. I missed the young Seagulls £15 ticket offer by 4 minutes and it was very much a case of 'sorry not going to happen'. Should I have called earlier - yes. Did I forget until that day - yes. However a 3 hour delay on the M4 scuppered me and it was 4 minutes!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So let me get this straight, children in Syria are dodging bombs tonight, many refugees across the western world are struggling for food and water, Princess Leia has died and the OP is moaning because his top don't fit and he might have to pop back next week? 1st world problems eh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here