Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disappointing... (loo roll luzzing)

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Inspired by the bog rolls, we ripped up my paper and introduced Argus Ticker tape from the WSU front row when we scored.
Went well. All over 1901 la-di-da's
We'll have several more papers with us Friday.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How wide is the WSU in terms of number of seats? 200? 300 maybe?

Tesco value loo rolls are £1 for 6. It wouldn't cost much to supply each seat with a loo roll for simultaneous luzzing. Even the first couple of rows to enhance the effect.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Ok...am up for this ... any recommendations as to what sort fly and unfurl best?

It is indeed to choose your roll wisely. Sainsbury's basics paper, 6 in a pack for around £2, would make a good choice in my opinion. Good, large rolls, and economical.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Good question. Two-ply, single ply, quilted, recycled.. some serious testing needs to be done on the aerodynamic/unfurling qualities of each type.
Like anything, a bit of trial and error in practice is the only real way to perfect bog roll luzzing but a few tips might help first timers...

1. DON'T stint on quality. Talk of value rolls at 6 for a pound is dangerous and could lead to great disappointment. Two ply and a decent length are minimum standards.
2. DO make sure your roll stays bone dry. Rain and leaking drink bottles in a bag are the main threats but even the condensation on a cold plastic bottle can be sufficient to cause a problem.
3. MAKE SURE that at least 35% of your paper is unrolled before launching. This will form a tail on your missile from which the remaining paper on your roll will unfurl. Failure to create this unrolled tail can lead to the unfortunate damp squib of a fully furled roll plummeting into WSL.
4. Having created a launch tail then your next task is to AVOID BREAKAGE at all costs. A thumb and little finger grip on the extremities of the cardboard tube, with the unrolled paper folded neatly into your palm, is the optimum technique.
5. Launch at a 45 DEGREE TRAJECTORY. From Row D of WSU this has been successful in achieving a pleasing point of landing in WSL. Will be interesting to see what happens from further back - will the prawn sandwich tier come under fire?

Happy hurling.

Minimum 3 will be flying from H Block on Friday night.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It is indeed to choose your roll wisely. Sainsbury's basics paper, 6 in a pack for around £2, would make a good choice in my opinion. Good, large rolls, and economical.
Good shout.

Nice white colour and at 400 sheets per roll should provide great length. My only observation would be that the jumbo dimensions may not suit junior luzzers - they would be better served sticking with 240 sheets per roll (e.g. the Sainsburys "super soft" range).

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
If I stage a pitch invasion at the right moment with my little toy wagon I could satisfy my loo paper supplies for 10 years or more.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Remember the match last season (Burnley?) where loads dos it with streamers etc? Worked a treat. There's a mini Twitter chat group of us that organised it - could be worth trying something again soon - certainly if we close in on promotion...!

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
I'm torn here.
Whilst luzzing a bog roll at a football match is a rite of passage - the inconvenient truth is that it's a waste of bog roll. Some people don't have the luxury of bog roll.

What a decision to make

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Inspired by the bog rolls, we ripped up my paper and introduced Argus Ticker tape from the WSU front row when we scored.
Went well. All over 1901 la-di-da's
We'll have several more papers with us Friday.
And me!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How wide is the WSU in terms of number of seats? 200? 300 maybe?

Tesco value loo rolls are £1 for 6. It wouldn't cost much to supply each seat with a loo roll for simultaneous luzzing. Even the first couple of rows to enhance the effect.

Might not get them past the bag search on entry though. They definitely told us last season "no toilet rolls".

I wouldn't recommend "liberating" one from the Gents' in the WSU either: if they use the same as they do in the Ladies', they're massive. Luzz one of those from the top tier and you could leave some poor 1901 resident in a coma.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here