Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - QPR HOME

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Stockdale: 7 - Made a few good and very important saves and dealt with crosses well. Some bad kicks but some good ones too.

Bruno: 7 - A few sloppy moments when QPR came back into it but had a good game. Always offers an attacking outlet.

Dunk: 7 - Again, was guilty of taking foot off gas slightly in first half. Uncharacteristic for this season and slightly reminded me of this time last year. However, on the whole he defended well and was crucial for playing the ball out from the back.

Duffy: 8 - First time I'd seen him play in the flesh and very impressed. Won practically everything in the air and looks smart with his interceptions on the ground. One absolute beast of a tackle in the second half, which I particularly enjoyed.

Bong: 8 - Thought he did a lot for us at both ends of the pitch. Very important interception in the first half. Having seen Pocognoli play so well against Leeds I was tempted to think give Bong a bit of a spell out of the team, but yesterday changed my mind.

Knockaert: 7 - Still not quite at his best but very much getting there. Took his goal well and was involved in much of our good attacking play.

Stephens: 8 - Man of the match for me. Looks a totally different player to last year. More energetic, tenacious, aggressive, and hassles like mad in the middle. Playing our system only works if the centre midfielders are as good as this guy.

Norwood: 8 - Ran DS close for MOTM. Very very impressive passing, be it short or long. Also provided the necessary aggression in his defensive role. I was really pleased when we signed him and was slightly disappointed he hadn't done quite as well as the other summer recruits. However, yesterday he was brilliant, and yet again we saw that we no longer depend on Kayal.

March: 7 - Some good moments in the second half, especially the chance he fashioned for himself at 1-0. Wasn't really given the ball in the first half which wasn't his fault. Really great to see him back, and once he and AK are firing on all cylinders, opposition teams could have some interesting afternoons against us.

Murray: 7 - Probably a bit quieter than usual but another goal and an important outlet for the team generally. I find games a bit easier to watch now that there is someone to win headers if we need to play it long. Incredibly cool with the penalty despite Smithies' best efforts at putting him off.

Baldock: 8 - What a strike. A really good time to score and set us on our way. Works very well with Murray and the way he stretches the pitch up front is crucial to how the team functions.

SUBS: All did fine, but we'd pretty much given up at that point. Busy period coming up, so probably a sensible call, as much as we all wanted to see several more goals.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Stockdale - 7 Great second half save. The first half one was going wide. Would have been 8 but for some poor distribution.

Bruno - 7 Couple of flair moments in second half
Dunk - 8 Superb again. He appears to have transformed this season from a petulant stupid kid last year to a real class act this season. Kudos to him for cutting out the stupidity.
Duffy - 8 Building secure partnership with Dunk
Bong - 8 Best recent performance. Great attacking runs. Seems happier with Solly in front of him

Knocky - 9(MOTM) Superb again. It's so rare to see "flair" players putting in so much effort, covering back, getting the tackles in. Love that in a player. He could teach that lazy git Ozil a thing or two for sure.
Stephens - 8
Norwood - 8
March - 8 Great to see him back. On the pace straightaway. Impressive after such a long lay-off.

Murray - 7
Baldock - 9 Probably his best game for us. Scored a great goal but again his effort and application were so impressive.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I thought Norwood was fantastic yesterday, consistently good delivery from set pieces, put himself about with some important tackles and it was his through ball to Baldock that won us the red card. I would have given either him or Baldock MOTM.

Not that he played badly, but quite how Murray won Sky MOTM is beyond me!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Without breaking into playground name calling, no you give it a rest. Your original post was a dig at Baldock, not about injuries to Murray or dodgy refs. I said that I thought the club would be looking at a back up for Baldock and not a replacement...

Quite clearly you believe, despite our position, that you know better than the management team as to what makes a good team player!

I never said I knew more than the management team but that's the stance you've taken because you somehow feel youve won the debate by saying that. I also said I'd get 'criticised' and 'I'll get my tin hat' before posting because I knew there would be posters like yourself who can't stand anyone saying anything remotely negative when we win. Just watch Baldock trying to hold the ball up against Cardiff. Would I pick him if I knew as much as the management like you say? Yes I would because I know we need a runner like him up front. Do I wish he could control the ball better? Yes I do.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Stockdale did everything he needed to do. Crucial saves, one with his hand and one with his foot keep us ahead in the first half. Best keeper we have had for a very long time (and that includes the PIG). 8

Bruno does get into good positions but his crosses aren't great although he does work exceedingly well with AK. 6

Bong. Back to his best although I thought it was unfair to drop Pocognoli when he had an exceptional game against Leeds. Seems the competition has raised Bong's performance. 8

Duffy. Didn't look like he was our most expensive player in his first few games but has become immense. Great partnership with Dunk. 8

Dunk. Don't think he really put a foot wrong. 9

Stephens. Back to his very best. 9

Norwood. Haven't been impressed with him so far but yesterday was by far and away his best game. 8

March. Almost like he never left. Back to his best and seems to ghost past players. 9

Knockhaert. Just a fantastic reason to watch football. Add in that he seems a really genuine block and loves playing for us, what's not to like. Very emotional goal celebration. 9

Baldock. Now playing regularly seems to have really boosted confidence. Still think he needs to toughen up when shielding the ball but can't fault his work rate and great goal with the left foot. 8.5

Murray. As others have said, not his best game and should have done better with the first half free header. 7.5

Murphy. Not really a fan. Think he has lot's of talent to get past people but his final ball is terrible. He had his usual lame shot straight at the keeper when in a good positon. Now March is fit his game time is going to be very limited. 6

Skalak. Did ok when coming on. Helped out in defence and got forward a bit although nothing of too much note. 7.5

Hemed. I like Hemed and think he should get more game time but yesterday hardly got a touch but did manage to get a couple of shots off. 7.5

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seriously? Because he's a professional and it's a bit disrespectful, he's paid alot of money and because it was a good opportunity and goal difference can be pretty important eg 15/16 championship table

What an absurd comment. I presume you are referring to being disrespectful to the opposition. He is an entertainer and that's what he does. I really don't get this rubbish about being disrespectful. It's a bit like taking your foot of the gas when you're 6-0 up then missing out on goal difference at the end of the season!

Dec 4, 2013
What an absurd comment. I presume you are referring to being disrespectful to the opposition. He is an entertainer and that's what he does. I really don't get this rubbish about being disrespectful. It's a bit like taking your foot of the gas when you're 6-0 up then missing out on goal difference at the end of the season!

Yes ok the disrespectful comment is overplaying it somewhat. All I'm saying is I don't think it was appropriate for a few reasons. None of them particularly important and I don't feel particularly strongly about the whole thing so I'm not going to argue the point to the death especially given I seem to be in a minority of one. But that's cool, different people have different opinions, it's what make the world goes round...

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
You offering? I'd be interested in seeing it. i sort of assumed someone was doing something already though

Maybe - should have a bit of time in the new year at work to knock something up but would need the help of others for some of the old ratings threads.

Jimmy Grimble

A poster used to do it, but then changed jobs, so doesn't have the time now.

I was wondering where Acker79 was. Those average ratings were always interesting come the end of season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here