Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - QPR HOME

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just give what's becoming 'the usual'.

All 8's, hand out one 9, if you must, then move onto the next game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale - 8 - two great saves. Demonstrated terrific concentration. Kicking poor
Bruno - 8 - solid and classy
Duffy. - 8 - assured and dominant
Dunk - 9 - centre halves just don't pass the ball like that
Bong - 8 - won two crucial challenges when we were under the cosh
Norwood - 8 - best game for us
Stephens - 9 - an asssist and countless important challenges MOTM
March - 7 - a little patchy but sublime in spells
Knockeart - 8 - deserved his goal, even if he got a bit lucky with the finish
Baldock - 8 - terrific energy and an amazing strike
Murray - 7 - not his day, but cool calm and collected when it mattered

Hened - 7
Skalak - 6
Murphy - 7

Pretty much agree with this apart from Baldock. An absolute menace all game, so a 9 as well. Great to Stephens bossing the midfield as well, and Bong was immense in the 20-25 minute weaker spell we had in the first half.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Knockaert 8. Skill and graft, a legend. Found the celebration a bit OTT though.

Agree with your ratings but your final comment sounds a bit harsh. His father's passing clearly caused him a great amount of distress, and if a slightly over-elaborate celebration helps him express his feelings, then so be it, as it is better he does that than bottle his emotions up.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Stockdale 7
Bruno 8 (best game from Bruno for a while IMO, always very good though!)
Duffy 8
Dunk 8
Bong 8 (best game from Bong for a few matches)
Knockaert 8
Norwood 7
Stephens 7
March 8
Baldock 8
Murray 8 (9 first half, 7 second half)

Murphy 7
Skalak 6
Hemed 6

MOTM: Murray, March or Baldock

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Dunk 7, Stephens 6 and Bruno 9? Wow!

Stephens I explained, Bruno was fantastic, didn't put a foot wrong, his link up play with Knockaert was superb and great crossing. Perhaps should have been a 10.

Dunk, yes was good, played well, was a bit sloppy in the second half at times, I was in the south and there were a couple of mistakes made in front of me. If you were in the North I guess you didn't see them. Overall very happy with Dunk's performance.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Pretty much agree with this apart from Baldock. An absolute menace all game, so a 9 as well. Great to Stephens bossing the midfield as well, and Bong was immense in the 20-25 minute weaker spell we had in the first half.

Stephens had an excellent game. Really glad to see this.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Stephens had an excellent game. Really glad to see this.

This. It's like he's suddenly realised that he might get to realise his Premier League ambition after all. Except it might well be with us. Would imagine his agent must be pretty pissed off at (probably) missing out on his commission on a transfer fee. :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Another solid team performance.

I thought Dunk had the odd shaky moment and although still good, wasn't his usual brilliant self.

Some of the balls on a sixpence Stephens and Norwood were spraying about made me think Abdul Razak had come back for another performance :bowdown:

Really chuffed for Baldock. I'm not his greatest fan to be fair, but he took his goal beautifully and could possibly have had a 2nd if he hadn't unselfishly squared one to Murray. Loved the chasing down of the keeper in the 2nd half too and the drawing of the red card for their captain. His confidence seems to be sky high, and that's great news all round.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Never thought we'd be two points clear at the top of the table 4 days before year-end ... not with Newcastle and Villa in the league. Amazing scenes!

Good team performance today, but a) we should have pushed harder for a 4th towards the end, and b) we did wobble badly for 15 mins towards the end of the first half when we could easily have conceded.

Stockdale 8. One or two great saves, but one needless kick into touch when we were under pressure and needed something much better, and one time when he came for the ball from a corner but completely missed it.
Bruno 7. Maybe not his very best, but a key part of the clean sheet team.
Duffy 8. Excellent again.
Dunk 9. Even excellenter!!! My MOM shading it from Baldock.
Bong 8. Back to his best both defensively and going forward.
Stephens 7. Some great stuff at times, but partly responsible for the period we were under pressure by giving the ball away too often.
Norwood 8. Some great passing and a solid performance.
Knockaert 8. Frustrating at times again, but some great stuff as well and a good, if somewhat fortunate goal. But enough already with the "dad" thing. You're an adult.
March 7. Quietish first half, better in the second. Had the beating of their full back. Very good to see him back and can only get better with more games under his belt.
Baldock 9. Very good game and super goal. A key member of the team.
Murray 8. Not his best game, but a very well taken penalty and a real asset at the back when defending corners.

Subs:
Murphy 7. Did well.
Hemed 6. OK.
Skalak 5

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Stocky: 8, some great fisting and one absolute quality money shot photo save.
Bongy: 7, great forward play, 1 last ditch epic tackle but he was poor in the air.
Duffy: 8, great albeit against a very ineffective frontline.
Dunky: 8, as above - moans all the time though, which generates bookings.
Brunoey: 7, ponderous when tracking back - they knew it and isolated him well at times.
Norwoody: 8, visionary passing but too weak at times and almost cost us a goal with a terrible lazy clearance.
Stephen'sy: 7, one eye on the premier league. Ahem.
Knocky: 8, superfluous skill at times but always gives 100 percent.
Marchy: 7, quiet 1st better 2nd - faded...
Murray: 6, too much turkey, but made his 12%ish contribution count - as ever!
Baldy: 9, great goal, great skill, pace and movement - Mom.

They were poor, as were we through the turgid first period - lit up by Baldock. We were lucky they were so inept up top. Naturally Hughton took action and the second half was a delight to watch.

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Stephens absolutely bossed it, literally sticking his foot in and throwing his weight all over the pitch. Best game for Norwood in the stripes too.

With Sidwell on the bench, crazy to think we have Kayal returning soon.

Baldock and Bong also fantastic.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Good game and we were exceptional at times. Feel that we strolled through it at times which led to Stockers great saves.

Norwood had one of those great games with his passing, Stephens just superb and Solly also had a good games we are so blessed to have this squad.

I can't believe Kayal is still to come back!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I will obviously get criticised but I watched Baldock closely all game. He gives the ball away/loses it/can't hold it up most of the time. Still if he scores a goal a game like the first we'd all take it so I'll get my tin hat. We DO need to sign a striker though in January. Why take the risk on relying on 3 when we are so close!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm not too sure about 8's and 9's. I thought we were second best in the last 25 minutes of the first half and that QPR were looking likely to score. We could easily have gone in at half time on level terms.
I also thought the sending off was a bit harsh.
We deserved to win and deserve to be top, but I don't think we were outstanding today.
Fortunately I think the players and management are more grounded than most of us.

StijnTvH

Dec 24, 2016
Leersum
My personal ratings from what I've seen from TV:

Stockdale: 7.5 Was there at the moments we needed him
Bruno: 7 Was allright but not his best game
Dunk: 8.5 Great match with some great tackles and passes
Duffy: 8.5 Had everything under control
Bong: 8 Getting there again. Defensively great today, attacking could be better.
Knockaert: 7.5 Wasn't his best match nor his worse. Class with that goal even though it was a little Lucky
Norwood: 9 IMO great off the ball, absolute masterclass with the passes
Stephens: 7 Good effort but nothing more
March: 9 Great attacking with destroying their LB and well worked defensively
Baldock: 9.5 MOTM great goal and very useful in attack.
Murray: 6.5 Not seen him all too often, good that he converted the penalty, knocked them out of the game really.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I will obviously get criticised but I watched Baldock closely all game. He gives the ball away/loses it/can't hold it up most of the time. Still if he scores a goal a game like the first we'd all take it so I'll get my tin hat. We DO need to sign a striker though in January. Why take the risk on relying on 3 when we are so close!
Give it a rest, accept that at the half way stage we are 2 points clear of the most fancied team in the history of the Championship and 8 clear of third. Stop sniping at individual players and accept what a fantastic job Hughton and his team have done and are doing! I am sure they will be looking at back up for Baldock, but don't expect a replacement any time soon!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here