Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy's twin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dunk 6.... Which game did you go to.
    Good question as I feel very much in the minority based on this thread, but I felt on a fair few occasions he over played or made silly errors in our last third.

He would still be my player of the season but Duffy was far better today and as my ratings state I actually thought Dunk was our worst player.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      As good a place as any:-

I know Baldock's goal was fantastic.
      The penalty was at 'my' end.
      Knockaert ran in, in front of me, but the action I could watch all day was...

...at some point, in the second half, Duffy (who else) cleared a ball during which time he and the ball quite possibly past through their forward.
      Had the Berlin Wall been in front of him, there'd now be a Shane Duffy shaped hole in it.

Quite magnificent.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Velogames Fantasy TdF League - Name NSC Geeks - League Code: 41202037269

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by big nuts View Post
      Good question as I feel very much in the minority based on this thread, but I felt on a fair few occasions he over played or made silly errors in our last third.

He would still be my player of the season but Duffy was far better today and as my ratings state I actually thought Dunk was our worst player.
      Had 60 touches
      32 passes including 6 long passes with an 87% completion
      Won 13 headers
      5 attempts on goal
      I'm in the mood for ska
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Skaville View Post
      Had 60 touches
      32 passes including 6 long passes with an 87% completion
      Won 13 headers
      5 attempts on goal
      The stats suggest otherwise,but my observations were that he occasionally over played and committed needless fouls at times.

At least he avoided his usual yellow card this game.

Fair point he was a constant menace from our set pieces so maybe a 7 rather than a 6.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      Um, sort of what I said already in the quoted you quoted?
      I thought you were underrating/understating his performance. It was one of his best games, not just shot stopping but his catching & punching was good. I think he was pressing f MOTM .

0 Not allowed!
      Stockdale - 9 - Made some crucial and superb saves, excellent game
      Bruno - 8 - Another solid display and his runs up the wing are sometimes unreal considering his age, incredible athlete
      Dunk - 8 - Excellent as usual with one superb interception in the first half
      Duffy - 8 - His partnership with Dunk is amazing. Cannot remember a better CH pairing ever for the Albion
      Bong - 7 - Despite ppl still giving him grief he is decent enough and gets forward really well
      March - 8 - A great first full start after a long injury and for me, is first choice over Murphy
      Norwood - 8 - Some of his passing is superb, played a good game today
      Stephens - 9 - Excellent game today and thought some of his runs and break up of play were really good
      Knockaert - 8 - Quiet first half but excellent second half. The guy is passion and class personified
      Murray - 7 - Great penalty and was unlucky not to get on the end of a few corner crosses
      Baldock - 9 - My MOTM, amazing first goal, superb energy and positioning. Him and Murray are a real partnership. He is getting better as the season goes on

1 Not allowed!
      Stockers 8.5 Standard couple of top saves. commanded his box
      Bruno 7.5
      Bong 8
      Dunk 8
      Duffy 8
      Stephens 8
      Norwood 8
      March 6
      Knockaert 7.5
      Murray 7.5
      Baldock 8.5 MOTM

Murphy 7
      Hemed 6
      Skalak 6.5
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Stockdale 8.5 - Three good saves and a couple of good punches. Impressive
      Bruno 7 - Not his best game but still solid
      Dunk 8 - Very impressive again. He looks a different player to this time last year.
      Duffy 8 - Same as Dunk. What a partnership
      Bong 9 - Best game for us in my view. Decent going forward, stopped any crosses down his side and a brilliant last ditch tackle at 1-0
      Knockaert 8 - Not sure he was man of the match but still getting back to his best. Great he got another goal
      Stephens 8.5 - Very solid game
      Norwood 8.5 - Best game for us. Brilliant passing range. Would have been 9 if he had not failed to clear and given them a good chance
      March 7.5 - Quiet first half but really impressive for 20 minutes in second half before coming off. Think we decided at half time to use him more
      Murray 8 - Not his best game but still scored a penalty and got an assist
      Baldock 9 - Man of the match. Brilliant goal and caused problems all afternoon, including his run leading to the sending off. Has formed a great partnership with Murray

Subs

All 6. None of them really got into the game but didn't do anything wrong either

Hughton 9 - Poor first half turned into a fantastic second half. What a job he is doing

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by big nuts View Post
      The stats suggest otherwise,but my observations were that he occasionally over played and committed needless fouls at times.

At least he avoided his usual yellow card this game.

Fair point he was a constant menace from our set pieces so maybe a 7 rather than a 6.
      To be fair, he did make a big mistake in the first half but unlike this time last year, he got away with it
      I'm in the mood for ska

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      Stephens I explained, Bruno was fantastic, didn't put a foot wrong, his link up play with Knockaert was superb and great crossing. Perhaps should have been a 10.

Dunk, yes was good, played well, was a bit sloppy in the second half at times, I was in the south and there were a couple of mistakes made in front of me. If you were in the North I guess you didn't see them. Overall very happy with Dunk's performance.

You see, I thought Bruno got into some fantastic positions, but his final ball was poor every time. Anyway, who cares! I have a cheeseboard to demolish
      I'm in the mood for ska