Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - QPR HOME

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Give it a rest, accept that at the half way stage we are 2 points clear of the most fancied team in the history of the Championship and 8 clear of third. Stop sniping at individual players and accept what a fantastic job Hughton and his team have done and are doing! I am sure they will be looking at back up for Baldock, but don't expect a replacement any time soon!
You give it a rest. Football changes quickly. An injury to Murray, a dodgy referee decision etc and the gap is closed. I was merely making the point that Baldock can't hold the ball up very well. Being quick helps the team a lot but wish he was better at controlling the ball and brining our players into play. Good clubs don't stand still. Also if you think the club are looking at a replacement (I'm just thinking another option and/or back up) it will happen soon because it's 27th December.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 = average

Personally thought we were poor in the first half after we scored, came strong towards the end Second half was normal service.

Stockdale - 8
Bruno - 6
Bong - 8 - thought he played very well
Duffy - 7.5
Dunk - 7.5
Knockaert 7
Stephens - 9
Norwood - 7 got stronger as the game went on.
March - 6.5 - .5much better second half, quiet first half
Baldock - 7
Murray - 7

Didn't think the subs offered a lot - 5

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Thought it was either Norwood or Baldock who deserved the MOM today. Good all round performance. Rangers had a 10-min spell when a good team might have punished us. Saying that I believe that we would have still won due to the great team ethic

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale 9
Bruno 8
Bong 9
Dunk 6
Duffy 8
Stephens 8
Norwood 8
March 7
Knockaert 8
Murray 7
Baldock 9 MOTM

Murphy 6
Hemed 6
Skalak 6

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Give it a rest, accept that at the half way stage we are 2 points clear of the most fancied team in the history of the Championship and 8 clear of third. Stop sniping at individual players and accept what a fantastic job Hughton and his team have done and are doing! I am sure they will be looking at back up for Baldock, but don't expect a replacement any time soon!

The only bit I disagree with here is that I do expect a rival for Baldock. And soon: within a week.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale 8 -- two top drawer saves
Bruno 7 -- classy
Duffy 8 -- solid, gets an extra point for THAT TACKLE
Dunk 8 -- best CB in the Championship
Bong 7 -- better, but nowhere near as good as others think in my view
Knockaert 8 -- he's getting there
Norwood 8.5 -- quarter-back, and a quality one at that; he's got the best range of passing in the squad
Stephens 8.25 -- bossed it
March 6.5 -- one or two great moments
Murray 7
Baldock 9MotM -- a quite brilliant goal, it's difficult to work out which was his better touch, the first or the second; it's also difficult to work out which of his goals is the best of the season; brilliant movement, work-rate, and general pestilence to the opposition

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
You give it a rest. Football changes quickly. An injury to Murray, a dodgy referee decision etc and the gap is closed. I was merely making the point that Baldock can't hold the ball up very well. Being quick helps the team a lot but wish he was better at controlling the ball and brining our players into play. Good clubs don't stand still. Also if you think the club are looking at a replacement (I'm just thinking another option and/or back up) it will happen soon because it's 27th December.

Without breaking into playground name calling, no you give it a rest. Your original post was a dig at Baldock, not about injuries to Murray or dodgy refs. I said that I thought the club would be looking at a back up for Baldock and not a replacement...

Quite clearly you believe, despite our position, that you know better than the management team as to what makes a good team player!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Dunk 6.... Which game did you go to.

Good question as I feel very much in the minority based on this thread, but I felt on a fair few occasions he over played or made silly errors in our last third.

He would still be my player of the season but Duffy was far better today and as my ratings state I actually thought Dunk was our worst player.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As good a place as any:-

I know Baldock's goal was fantastic.
The penalty was at 'my' end.
Knockaert ran in, in front of me, but the action I could watch all day was...

...at some point, in the second half, Duffy (who else) cleared a ball during which time he and the ball quite possibly past through their forward.
Had the Berlin Wall been in front of him, there'd now be a Shane Duffy shaped hole in it.

Quite magnificent.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Good question as I feel very much in the minority based on this thread, but I felt on a fair few occasions he over played or made silly errors in our last third.

He would still be my player of the season but Duffy was far better today and as my ratings state I actually thought Dunk was our worst player.

Had 60 touches
32 passes including 6 long passes with an 87% completion
Won 13 headers
5 attempts on goal

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Had 60 touches
32 passes including 6 long passes with an 87% completion
Won 13 headers
5 attempts on goal

The stats suggest otherwise,but my observations were that he occasionally over played and committed needless fouls at times.

At least he avoided his usual yellow card this game.

Fair point he was a constant menace from our set pieces so maybe a 7 rather than a 6.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Um, sort of what I said already in the quoted you quoted? :shrug:

I thought you were underrating/understating his performance. It was one of his best games, not just shot stopping but his catching & punching was good. I think he was pressing f MOTM .

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Stockdale - 9 - Made some crucial and superb saves, excellent game
Bruno - 8 - Another solid display and his runs up the wing are sometimes unreal considering his age, incredible athlete
Dunk - 8 - Excellent as usual with one superb interception in the first half
Duffy - 8 - His partnership with Dunk is amazing. Cannot remember a better CH pairing ever for the Albion
Bong - 7 - Despite ppl still giving him grief he is decent enough and gets forward really well
March - 8 - A great first full start after a long injury and for me, is first choice over Murphy
Norwood - 8 - Some of his passing is superb, played a good game today
Stephens - 9 - Excellent game today and thought some of his runs and break up of play were really good
Knockaert - 8 - Quiet first half but excellent second half. The guy is passion and class personified
Murray - 7 - Great penalty and was unlucky not to get on the end of a few corner crosses
Baldock - 9 - My MOTM, amazing first goal, superb energy and positioning. Him and Murray are a real partnership. He is getting better as the season goes on

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stockers 8.5 Standard couple of top saves. commanded his box
Bruno 7.5
Bong 8
Dunk 8
Duffy 8
Stephens 8
Norwood 8
March 6
Knockaert 7.5
Murray 7.5
Baldock 8.5 MOTM

Murphy 7
Hemed 6
Skalak 6.5

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Stockdale 8.5 - Three good saves and a couple of good punches. Impressive
Bruno 7 - Not his best game but still solid
Dunk 8 - Very impressive again. He looks a different player to this time last year.
Duffy 8 - Same as Dunk. What a partnership
Bong 9 - Best game for us in my view. Decent going forward, stopped any crosses down his side and a brilliant last ditch tackle at 1-0
Knockaert 8 - Not sure he was man of the match but still getting back to his best. Great he got another goal
Stephens 8.5 - Very solid game
Norwood 8.5 - Best game for us. Brilliant passing range. Would have been 9 if he had not failed to clear and given them a good chance
March 7.5 - Quiet first half but really impressive for 20 minutes in second half before coming off. Think we decided at half time to use him more
Murray 8 - Not his best game but still scored a penalty and got an assist
Baldock 9 - Man of the match. Brilliant goal and caused problems all afternoon, including his run leading to the sending off. Has formed a great partnership with Murray

Subs

All 6. None of them really got into the game but didn't do anything wrong either

Hughton 9 - Poor first half turned into a fantastic second half. What a job he is doing

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The stats suggest otherwise,but my observations were that he occasionally over played and committed needless fouls at times.

At least he avoided his usual yellow card this game.

Fair point he was a constant menace from our set pieces so maybe a 7 rather than a 6.

To be fair, he did make a big mistake in the first half but unlike this time last year, he got away with it

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stephens I explained, Bruno was fantastic, didn't put a foot wrong, his link up play with Knockaert was superb and great crossing. Perhaps should have been a 10.

Dunk, yes was good, played well, was a bit sloppy in the second half at times, I was in the south and there were a couple of mistakes made in front of me. If you were in the North I guess you didn't see them. Overall very happy with Dunk's performance.

You see, I thought Bruno got into some fantastic positions, but his final ball was poor every time. Anyway, who cares! I have a cheeseboard to demolish

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here