Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
He wasn't credited an assist for Sidwell's goal of the season but he caused absolute ****ing chaos charging down Bristol City defenders allowing the ball to break to Steve. Off topic - Like Norwich, Bristol City were good when we played them but they've plummeted down the table ever since.

So much of Sam's work goes unnoticed but Murray and others get a lot more space as a result. His shooting is a revelation this season. He is vital and we have no replacement for him.

That's kinda been my point the whole time, it's not about a replacement, but back-up. What we don't have is a proper back-up for Baldock without playing someone like Murphy out of position.

I don't expect Hughton to be looking at the January sales for a marque signing, but a back-up for the front line options, someone who is happy to warm the bench, but is there as insurance - just in case!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Actually inside the box from where I was (level with the 18-yard line), a cert red card and penalty if he'd got it wrong.

(a pedant writes...) no, it wouldn't have been - not under the new rules. Penalty and yellow had it been inside / free kick and red if outside.

But yes - a BRILLIANT saving tackle :clap2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Had ninja elephant changed his views at all do we think? He's not been on here in 2 months I notice - probably sticking pins into his Sammy B voodoo doll as we speak...?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Had ninja elephant changed his views at all do we think? He's not been on here in 2 months I notice - probably sticking pins into his Sammy B voodoo doll as we speak...?

Sams record speaks for it's self-looking beyond the supposed lack of goals, last season,he has made good match winning/saving goals this term,also he will be soon into double figures.....

Well let's take last season...33 games 4 goals.

Looking beyond the goals however-

But excluding the capital cup game at Walsall (it don't count :lol:) the Hull cup game (another cup) & the Cardiff away game (when nobody turned up) we never lost with him in the side........ok Massive away too in the Play Off's (but you get my drift).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So here we are now:

Sam's starting berth is assured if we are playing our best team.

It's all about who plays with Sam, Murray or Hemed!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
clearly sooner than i thought,he already is,thought it was 9 for some reason....brilliant

9 league goals and 1 in the league cup. His next goal means we will have 4 players in double figures for league goals this season, tremendous stuff.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, it's not really, is it? Murray is clearly first choice, but has been given a recent wake up call to not think he is first choice...

I don't think that's the last 'wake up call' Murray will get this season.
As much as I don't expect him and Tomer to be rotated, I do think Tomer will get more starts in the run in, if only to keep Murray fitter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My January 'Better Baldock' transfer window target, Roger Marti, has scored in his last 3 games.
So far he has 15 goals this season, and a reported buy out clause of £6.7m.

Here's last nights effort, from the #9, who can also tackle the goalie without being sent off:-

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
9 league goals and 1 in the league cup. His next goal means we will have 4 players in double figures for league goals this season, tremendous stuff.

that's it,still well what i mean is i normally like to count in league goals but it's the overall amount i suppose,like you say excellent stuff..

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Think his contribution to his season is very clear from the second goal.

Last year he'd have won the tackle on half way and either not got in the box to finish it off or the ball wouldn't have found him there.

Knockaert's mastery providing him a platform on a plate and he was there to deliver.

If he finishes with say 12 league goals I would be happy on the assumption that Tomer will be near 15 and Murray possibly having nudged past 20. An excellent return all round.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Think his contribution to his season is very clear from the second goal.

Last year he'd have won the tackle on half way and either not got in the box to finish it off or the ball wouldn't have found him there.

Knockaert's mastery providing him a platform on a plate and he was there to deliver.

If he finishes with say 12 league goals I would be happy on the assumption that Tomer will be near 15 and Murray possibly having nudged past 20. An excellent return all round.

We're very lucky to have three strikers (and a winger) who are scoring so many goals. Agree re Baldock last season. He contributed massively but never looked like scoring many. This year, he's got some crucial (and brilliant) goals to give us wins and continued to contribute in other areas.

We saw in the Huddersfield and Brentford away games how much he was missed. We were overrun in midfield and he drops back brilliantly to provide an extra man in there, the second goal yesterday being a classic example of this.

Really pleased that he has added goals this season to his big contribution of previous seasons. I always thought it was noticeable that our bad run in Hughton's first season (when we just stayed up) came when Baldock was injured

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Iwelumo's analyses on Sammy B was very good last night. He also mentioned the push on Dunk for the handball. Well done Chris.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With his ability this should never be a fact:-

[tweet]833000097264893954[/tweet]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports